1.04.2011

Sunny St. George

We spent a few days in St. George after Christmas to visit my grandpa. He was so generous and paid for us to spend a night in a cabin in Zion National Park. It was awesome! We were there during a freak snow storm, which made the park even more beautiful.

Grandpa also took us to the Johnson Family Dinosaur Museum (I think that's what it's called), which was super cool. Mitch was really into dinosaurs as a kid so I'm pretty sure he thought it was awesome to see tracks that were discovered within the last ten years. It blows my mind to see something that is 70 million years old. My little human brain can't fathom something being so old.

Layla is a great traveler! She was happy and hyper most of the time. I was surprised at how well she did. She had a fun time taking a bath in Great Grandpa's kitchen sink.

We had a great time. St. George is such a lovely place. It has grown so much and everything is so new and nice. I can't wait to go back this summer and hike the Narrows. Mitch wants to do Angel's Landing. I am definitely WAY too scared of heights to do that one.

Thanks, Grandpa! You are so generous and we had a blast!


1 comment:

Ashlee said...

That's crazy how much snow Zions got, it sure looks beautiful though. Road trips are always so much fun! I love your brown boots by the way. Even though I can only see half of what they look like, I can tell I love them. haha

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...