2.11.2011

So Long, Sloan

Jerry Sloan announced yesterday that he's leaving the Jazz. Seems a little sudden and random, but it's his choice and I'm happy for him if that's what he wants. I don't know much (okay, pretty much nothing) about coaching a basketball team, but from what I hear Jerry Sloan is a great coach. I just enjoyed watching him get angry and kicked out of the game. It didn't happen very often, but for some reason I thought it was hilarious when it did happen.
I hope he enjoys retirement. He did coach the Jazz for 22.5 years. That's a long time. I don't blame him for being done. I do wish he had finished out the season, but whatev. Doesn't it seem random to quit in the middle of the season? This is how I will always remember Jerry Sloan. Yelling.
Anyways, I hope this new coach, Tyrone Corbin, can fill Sloan's shoes and get us an NBA championship!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...