Roseola is a baby version of the measles. You can read about it here. It's contagious among children, especially at Layla's age, but it's only contagious before the kid shows symptoms. Nice, huh? We stopped the antibiotics immediately, her fevers are gone, and the rash is clearing up. I suspect it will be gone tomorrow.
Poor Layla. It's been a rough couple of weeks. I think she's on the mend though. She started waving at people again so that's a good sign. And she's super cute with her new teeth.
I did have a slight freak out moment (or two) when I realized her teeth are gapped. But here's the thing, I had really messed up teeth as a kid. Super crooked and my jaw was totally off. I had braces for five years and had some very painful things done. I still have jaw problems today and will for the rest of my life. This is why I want our kids to have straight teeth. Straight teeth = no problems.
I looked up gapped teeth online. Turns out, most kids have gapped baby teeth. Sigh of relief! Most times the gaps close when they get more baby teeth or when they get permanent teeth. If not, she'll have braces, but hopefully not for as long as I did.
I guess we'll see how they turn out. For now I'll relax a little and enjoy her cute, goofy, gapped smile. I'll post a pic of it as soon as I'm fast enough with the camera to get one!
3 comments:
Lacey, don't worry about the gapped teeth. I always thought Michelle's baby teeth were beautiful; no gaps and even. Turns out the gaps were a good thing, it meant there was room for the adult teeth. Case in point, your mom never needed braces but Michelle had braces for a looong time.
Grandma Ruth
That is really scary stuff. I remember when I was about 4 or 5, my little brother got Roseola and he was the same way. We have a picture of him with this terrible rash and he would interact with us. He was miserable. It was a scary time. The good news is that he is fine. I'm sorry you have had to deal with it for Layla. I can't imagine how hard that is as a mother.
Sorry *wouldn't interact with us. haha.
Post a Comment