8.02.2011

End of July

I can't believe it's already August! The summer is going by way too fast. At least we got to go boating and we're going again in a few weeks. Mitch was at scout camp and unable to join us, but Katie came and we had fun with her. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for taking us; we had a blast!
I was so surprised at how much Layla LOVES the water. She waded almost up to her waist in the lake. She also loved the rocks, especially licking the rocks, throwing the rocks, and learning how to say "rock."
My parents bought a "Relaxation Station" which has a net in the bottom. It took Layla a few minutes to warm up to the idea, but then she thought it was the most fun thing ever. She would jump like it was a trampoline and loved throwing rocks in the net.
They also rigged this water mattress so we could ride it from the boat to the shore and not have to get in the water. It made me feel like a spoiled princess. Thanks Dad and Jordan for pushing us back and forth!
I was able to water ski a few times, which was fun. I love water skiing. We also rode the two-man tube, but it had a leak. Hopefully my dad can fix it before our next boat trip.
My parents brought some fruit for lunch and I couldn't get Layla to stop eating it. I think her belly would have popped if we hadn't made her stop. Here she is with fruit all over her face.
Layla still isn't a huge fan of the boat. She didn't mind when we went slow, but if we sped up she cried, probably because it was loud. Plus, I can't imagine that her life jacket is very comfortable. So we just kept her on the beach and she was a happy camper. This boating trip was definitely better than last year's and we're excited to go again- with Mitch/Daddy!!!
And just because it's cute, here is Layla wearing my hairband. Only it looks like a sweatband on her. She's hilarious; always wearing necklaces, bracelets, or something in her hair.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...