Summer is my favorite season. For many reasons, but here are a few:
We have spent lots of time at the park.
Layla LOVES to go down the slide.
My grandpa came to visit. We went to the park, had lunch and yogurt, and played. On Sunday he came over for dinner and we all took a drive out to Antelope Island. Surprisingly, there were no bugs while we were there!
Sometimes Layla will randomly insist on wearing her sunhat around the house.
Even when it doesn't match.
Sometimes she also walks around with her arms folded.
She's practicing being reverent.
We went to a splash pad with our neighbors. Layla was laughing and squealing and she was soaking wet by the time we left. I wished I had worn my swim suit. She is a brave little girl: sticking her whole head under the fountain and everything!
We have to give her lots of baths from all the swimming, parks, and sunscreen. I like to give her funny hairdos in the bath. Mitch thought it was hilarious when he walked in and found this little monster in the bathtub.
We got to babysit our friend, Oakley. She is so nice to Layla, even though Layla totally plays the "annoying little sister" role when Oakley comes over. Seriously, Layla followed her everywhere, tried to sit on her, and repeated everything she said and did. Poor Oakley, I bet that got old. But after I put Layla down for a nap, Oakley kept saying, "Baby Leela need to wake UP!" Too cute! I love how she calls her "baby Leela." These two are pretty funny together.
Lastly, I'll leave you with this: I got contacts. Finally. I love them. "How could instantly improved vision not be at the top of my to-do list? Nah, I'll see tomorrow." Brian Regan anyone? If you don't know what I'm talking about, please watch this. It perfectly describes how I feel about eye exams.
No comments:
Post a Comment