8.10.2011

Time Wasted

The American poet T.S. Eliot is quoted as saying, "time you enjoyed wasting is not time wasted." Hopefully he's right because I find I waste too much time on the internet (Pinterest!) or watching TV. Sometimes both at the same time! Ha, ha.

So a few months ago I realized I was bored and wasting too much time while Layla napped. I mentioned that I wanted to do something useful and had applied for several jobs ... one of which I finally got! Yay! I am so excited for my first "grown up job." It makes me so happy that I earned my college degree.

The work is very interesting and challenging, and I feel it is a great opportunity for me to improve my editing and writing skills. The job is all online and is a minimum of 20 hours per week (or more if I want). I plan to work while Layla naps and after she goes to bed, which works perfectly since Mitch will be busy studying for school (he starts next week! Ahhh!). So here's to wasting time on the web ... and getting paid for it!

Speaking of wasting time, it's been a lot harder to do around our house since our TV broke. Luckily the bulb just burned out and we ordered a new one. But it has already been over a week and it's still not here. It has made us more productive, but we've also found random ways to entertain ourselves: board games, playing catch in the living room with Layla's ball (I even tried to do some fancy soccer moves, which I suck at), and watching Brian Regan videos on YouTube. Have you seen this one? Mitch and I were both crying from laughing so hard. I love Brian Regan.

Speaking of funny things, I am now co-teaching the Sunbeam class (4 year olds) at church. It's hilarious; kids are so funny at that age. I love it and enjoy the the Spirit that accompanies innocent youth.

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

I'm glad you're enjoying summer! And I always feel better about life being more productive.

My little brother and his wife just moved into your grandma's basement! They are so excited about it!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...