Oh, and good thing for swim diapers, because Layla made a nice present for us while we were there. Picture this: we decide it's time to go home and head for the family bathrooms, at which point Layla starts screaming her head off because she doesn't want to leave the pool. We rinse off in the showers and all three of us go in one of the family bathroom stalls. I pulled off the swim diaper cover and said, "That's weird, there's a booger on it," and proceed to wash it out, when Mitch tells me that Layla had pooped in her swim diaper. Explains the booger. We decide to hold her over the toilet to pull the diaper off so that the poo will go in the crapper. Layla is still screaming, mind you, she wants back in the swimming pool! Well, the poo was pretty much just veggies from the night before, sorry if that disgusts you, so little veggies came flying out and went all.over.the.bathroom. Mitch was super stressed, Layla was still screaming, and all I could do was laugh my head off. It was hilarious, really. Long story short, we eventually made it out of there, Layla finally stopped crying when we told her she could take a bath when we got home (the kid LOVES water), and I'm sure the pool boy had fun cleaning up our mess.
Speaking of baths, Layla loves them so much that if we even mention it at all, she immediately yells, "Baaaaath!" and runs to the bathroom. The other night I was putting her to bed and we were reading a story about a dog that got dirty playing in the mud. I decided to add my own lines to the story and nonchalantly said that the dog needed to take a bath. Oops. Layla caught it and said "Baaaath!" and started crying because I wouldn't put her down or take her to the bathroom. Bed time took longer than normal that night.
One more thing about Layla: she loves letters. We have alphabet flashcards and bath letters that we practice with. She knows the letters A, I, O, and Y. I guess she likes vowels. Even if she doesn't know a letter, she acts like she does and makes some random noise when you ask her which letter it is. Pretty funny.
Okay, one more thing. She is so particular! If something is out of place, she says, "uh oh!" and puts it in the right spot, or if it's garbage, she throws it away. The doors have to be shut all the way. Things go in a certain order and a certain place. It surprises me, but then she does have two very particular people for parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment