Layla had her 18 month check up. She is super healthy and smart. The doctor was impressed that she knows so many letters of the alphabet. (Those foam bath letters were a great investment!) He also said that she'll probably be a volleyball player when she grows up because she's so tall. He's said that before, but only time will tell. You'd never guess that right, seeing as how I'm only 5'5"? Yeah, well my mom is almost 5'11", my brothers are both 6'2", and my extended family members are tall as well. The tall gene skipped me, but maybe it was passed on to Layla ... I'd love for her to go to college on a volleyball or basketball scholarship. Anyways, most of all we're glad she's healthy!
Height 33.7 inches 95th percentile
Weight 24.2 pounds 50th percentile
Something I want to remember about Bug is how young her cleaning impulses started. She is already a neat freak. We can't decide if that's a genetic or environmental thing, as both Mitch and I are neat freaks. Today I took off Layla's shoes and just set them right where we were in the kitchen. She got upset and said, "Ado!" (clean up!) and put her shoes next to mine on the mat by the door. But that wasn't good enough. When she first set them down, her shoes weren't facing the same direction, so she had to turn them around until they both faced the same way. Wow. She picks up any scraps of paper, lint, string, or anything that she finds and knows doesn't belong and throws it away. She's actually quite handy. It's just embarrassing when we're at someone else's house and she's freaking out saying, "Ado! Ado!" and trying to clean everything up. Ha, ha.
Last but not least, the awaited day finally came and I was able to purchase the new Coldplay album, Mylo Xyloto, yesterday! I went to Target first thing in the morning and bought my shiny, new copy. I must say, it is my favorite Coldplay album out of the previous four. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be touring in the States next year ... I will be there for sure!
I went running this morning, in the cold, pitch dark. I was able to listen to most of the album while I ran. I love these mornings, when the air is crisp, I'm running to my tunes, and it's so dark and quiet out. I find it exhilarating. Don't worry Mom, I wear a reflective vest and a blinking light. Maybe I'll bust out my head lamp too.
1 comment:
Ballet is awesome! There is a class called Ballet Blast that is opening in South Ogden sometime in the next few months that I want to take. It's ballet but just sped up.
Post a Comment