12.07.2011

28

I turned 28 this week. I'm glad to be an even number again. Maybe it's weird, but I don't like odd numbers.

Mitch's family took us out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Brick Oven. (I highly recommend this place! They have one in Layton, Provo, and St. George.) Thanks again, Kevin and Kathy!

My family came over Sunday night to celebrate mine and Jordan's bdays. We had our traditional Coldstone ice cream cake. It tasted like heaven. This year we got the Oreo Cookies 'n Cream one.

Isn't it funny the things you ask for when you're older? Like a food processor and a salad spinner (thanks, Mom and Dad!). Ha, ha. Brock and Natalie gave me some really cute wood letters that spell our last name that Natalie made; she is very talented. Dudin gave me I-tunes, which I've already used. Grandma Ruth let me combine my bday and Christmas present and gave me a pair of Tom's that I've had my eye on for a while now. She even went through the trouble of wrapping my present half in birthday and half in Christmas wrapping paper. Creative! Katie gave me some awesome running gloves that I've been wanting. They match my running jacket perfectly, which I bet she wasn't even aware of when she bought them. Everyone else gave me money, which will be spent wisely, I should assure you. Maybe I should buy Layla a scarf, seeing as how she loved wearing my mom's. (This is the best pic we could get.)

Since my birthday was on a weekday, and Mitch's finals were this week, I told him not to worry about planning anything. I did ask him to bring something home for dinner. Unfortunately, I ended up with food poisoning (I'm not sure what from, could have been anything really) and spent the better part of my actual birthday throwing up and whining about how bad my stomach hurt. I didn't want to wake Mitch up, so at 2:30 in the morning I drove myself to Maverik and bought a bottle of Pepto Bismal, and I literally did not fall asleep until after 5 a.m. When Mitch did wake up from me tossing and turning, I told him what was going on and that it was the worst birthday ever. Ha, ha. Lucky me though, Mitch was able to stay home from work and somehow managed to work from home, take care of a sick wifey, babysit our crazy toddler, and go grocery shopping! Husband of the year award, for sure. He was exhausted at the end of the day, but I truly appreciate him. I was feeling much better by the evening thanks to my large bottle of Sprite and lots of rest.

Layla tried on my slipper boots at our party. Too big.


As always, Mitch spoiled me with gifts. He always does too much. This year he gave me something I've wanted and needed for a while: a sunrise simulator. It's basically an alarm clock with a light lamp built in; the light slowly gets brighter over a set amount of time and is at its brightest when the alarm goes off. People with Seasonal Affective Disorder, like me, are supposed to greatly benefit from using one. Let me just say that I can already tell a HUGE difference in my energy and happiness levels. Best gift ever.

He also gave me a zip up hoody since my old one had holes in it from being worn so much. Layla (Mitch wrote her name on the gift) gave me an attachment for our BOB stroller that is essentially a clear, plastic cover to enclose the stroller and keep the kid warm and dry. I plan to go running during the afternoons this winter and having Layla enclosed in the stroller will keep her snug and dry. I'm really excited about it. Layla is too. She just doesn't know it yet.
Even though I was sick, it was still a great birthday. I'm just thankful for great family and friends who make me feel loved. They even love me when I wear this ugly Christmas sweater to Bunko. It has bells on the sleeves, an awesome pinecone brooch, and fur around the collar and wrists.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday!!! You deserve it!

Nicole and Kevin said...

Happy Birthday. It sounds like Mitch did his job and spoiled you!!! I am sorry you got sick, that's never fun.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...