1.25.2012

Random Videos

I always have a list of things in my head that I need to get on video. This time it was Layla counting 1 through 10 and saying, "I love you," "surprise!," and "purse". The counting because she's finally got it down, and the words because she says them in such a cute a funny way — she opens her mouth so big when she says, "surprise," and "purse" sounds like "push." And of course, "I love you," because it melts my heart. She usually only says, "I love you" when you ask her to, and even if you ask her she might just say, "no," which is sad and funny at the same time, but the other day she ran up to me, hugged me, and said it out without being asked and without me saying it first. Totally on her own. Best mommy moment to date!

Be patient with the filming ... our video camera has a screen you can turn around and Layla LOVES to look at herself on the screen while I film her, which of course means I can't really see what I'm filming. It's always a guess as to whether her sweet little face is actually in the shot or not.
I'm so glad to have such a happy, funny little buddy to hang out with all day! She's becoming quite the little helper too! The other day she brought me our coats to hang up, she's always up for throwing stuff away if I ask her, and she likes to use her little pink vacuum while I vacuum the house. Prettty awesome. The other day after the snow storm, I noticed our neighbors kids out shoveling their driveway. Got me thinking: just a few more years and we'll have kids big enough to mow our lawn, rake the leaves, and do all the chores that I hate doing! Mwah-ha-ha!

BTW, Mitch used our snow blower to do our entire driveway, which is pretty big, and had just started on the sidewalks when it broke! He can fix it, but has to order a part. Of course it snowed the next day, so we woke up at 6 a.m. and shoveled the driveway by hand. I was so proud of myself for getting my butt out of bed and helping. It made me feel bad to think of poor Hubby out their breaking his back all by himself! Luckily there wasn't much snow and we finished pretty quick.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...