1.28.2012

Run Away!

We are watching Oakley tonight. Layla has so much fun when she is over. I would say that they both have so much fun, but sadly I think L annoys O. For example, I asked O what color something was (it was red), but before O could answer, L said, "Yewwoh!" which was wrong, but it's the only color she knows. O was patient and even though she was rudely interrupted, she still gave me the correct answer.

I was showing O how to use one of our toys, and I said, "Pull hard!" which Layla immediately repeated and kept repeating the whole time O was playing with the toy. Just a little annoying for poor Oakley.

L keeps telling O what to do. "Oakey, sit!" or "Oakey, wun away!" or "Oakey, come on!"

(BTW, Layla's new thing is to yell, "Run away!" as loud as she can, while running away of course. It's hilarious, but so far she's only done it at home. It won't be so funny when we're out in public, I'm sure.)

Any toy that O tries to play with, L quickly snatches, at which point I return it to O and tell L that we need to share. O is so good at sharing, and quite frankly, I'm surprised she still bothers to share with L when it is not reciprocated. We're working on it, sweet Oakley!

Finally, O kept asking me, "Is Leela tired yet? Is Leela going to bed?" I'm sorry, Oakley, I totally feel for you! Layla's cute, but she's "full of spunk" as her dad put it, and she's kind of exhausting. We did put L to bed and O and I had fun playing — without having to give or hear a lecture about sharing every two minutes. We're glad O still wants to come over and play because we love having her!

In other news, Layla went poo poo in the potty for the first time today! TMI? Sorry, we are just so proud of her! Yesterday she told me she needed to go pee in the potty for the first time. It took about half an hour from the time she told me until she actually went, but it's progress! I think she's starting to really get it. Hopefully she'll be fully potty trained in the next month or so?

Also, I wanted to document a two things that happened this week that give some insight into Layla's personality, which I am slightly worried may be a little OCD ... the other day I took her sweater off so that she could take a nap without getting too hot. I laid the sweater out nicely over her chair so it wouldn't wrinkle, laid Layla in her crib, and left the room. Less than a minute later, Layla is bawling and saying, "Ado! Ado!" which means "clean up" (no idea where the phrase came from). So I go in there and she's pointing at her sweater, bawling, telling me to clean it up. I put it in her closet and she instantly stopped crying, laid down, and slept for 3 hours. What the heck?!? Just a little OCD, right?

The other day my mom-in-law came to watch Layla and she had on a coat very similar to one of mine. Layla must have thought it was my coat because she started crying, kept pointing at Kathy, and saying, "Mama's coat!" over and over again. I finally took my coat out of the closet and showed it to Layla, who then did a double take between my coat and Kathy's. It was pretty funny! She stopped crying after that.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh Lacey! I know it worries you but I just think it's funny and cute! She is such a smart little girl!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...