It was date night last night. We ate at the Red Iguana ... we had kind of a long wait, but it was worth it! (We went to the second location where the wait is usually shorter.) The whole night I told Mitch I wanted tamales and rice and beans, my most favorite Mexican dish ever. They didn't have tamales on the menu and I was disappointed. Luckily for me, they had them as a special though ... with rice and beans! Perfect! We ordered and then I was told that they were actually out of tamales. Bummer! Anyways, I still got some yummy food, with rice and beans of course (it must be the Panamanian blood in me that makes me crave rice and beans). I couldn't believe how much Mitch ate: his entire combo plate and he helped finish mine. Sometimes he can really shovel it in.
After dinner we went ice skating at the Gallivan Center. It's outdoors, in the middle of downtown, and there are colored lights strung all around. I love it. I remember going there as a kid, but I probably haven't been there in 20 years and Mitch had never been, so it was like a new experience for both of us. We're definitely not the best ice skaters ever, and I am a TOTAL pansy, but I kind of overcame my fear of falling on the rock-hard ice and bashing my teeth in (wouldn't that be awful?). In fact, neither of us fell at all. Yay for us!
Layla had a fun sleepover at Mammy and Bopa Miles' house. While there she went poo poo in the potty! Not her little princess potty, but the big, regular potty! So proud of her!!! She also learned three new words: doggy, Tenley (Jordan's girlfriend), and Jeremy (a family friend). Here's to more date nights to come!
2.04.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
No comments:
Post a Comment