It was "clean the house day," as I like to call it, and Layla was quite the little helper. I kept asking her to "help Momma" and gave her small jobs to do. She got the biggest grin every time I told her "Thank you! What a good helper you are!" She walked around the house saying, "Help Momma!" while doing her best to be of service. She honestly seemed so excited when I asked her to do something, she would even run to do it. Literally. If only it would stay that way forever. Here's a list of the chores Layla helped me with at 22 months old:
She helped me dust.
I gave her an extra rag and she dusted our bed and her toy box. She kept saying, "Dusting!" the whole time. It was so funny to see the places she thought of to dust ... places I'm sure I've never dusted in my life! I guess being short means you dust places that tall people don't.
She helped me vacuum.
She got out her pink vacuum and followed me around while I vacuumed. She even ran her vacuum hose over the couch, just like Momma. I wish her vacuum really worked, she would have saved me some time! I asked her to vacuum under our bed, but apparently she doesn't understand "under" because she used every ounce of muscle she had to lift her little pink vacuum onto our bed and vacuumed the duvet cover. So funny! I actually felt bad letting her struggle and grunt while getting the vacuum up there, but it was so cute and funny I just stopped and watched.
She helped me sweep.
She used the dust pan and small broom while I swept the kitchen. She kept saying, "Sweep!" over and over again. I asked her to sweep the tile "by the door," meaning the front entry way, but when I looked over, she was sweeping the door instead of the tile, so apparently she misunderstood. Cute, nonetheless.
She helped me make dinner.
She pretended to make soup on her play kitchen, in the kitchen, while I made dinner. I consider that helping me because she kept herself occupied so I could focus on cooking. I decided I need to make her an apron so she can be even more like Momma.
She voluntarily helped me clean up a mess.
Tonight I accidentally dropped the (glass) jar of salad dressing. Immediately after it happened, Layla said, "Momma, mess!" Yep. Momma makes messes too. I had to mop the floor (second time today), and while I was doing that, Layla came in with her pink vacuum to help me clean up. She's turning into an awesome little helper!
2 comments:
If she runs out of things to clean at your house you can send her my way!
What a good helper!!! When Oakley "helps" me cook dinner, she only wants to put things in the microwave and then turn the microwave on.
That story of her and Oakley was cute, she is at an age where it is becoming very apparent that she needs a sibling :) Layla is good practice for her!
Post a Comment