2.01.2012

Before I Forget ...

... let me jot down a few things so I can laugh at them years from now. (Actually, most of these make me laugh now.)

Layla figured out that Daddy's name is Mitch and Mamma's name is Lacey. The three of us were eating dinner last night when Layla looked at Daddy and said, "Mitch." At first we thought she said something else, like "milk" because we couldn't believe she had actually picked up on his name. But we were wrong. Little Miss Smarty Pants must have heard me call him Mitch and put two and two together. We told her my name, which she pronounces as "Yacey." Thankfully she still calls us Daddy and Mamma though. Much cuter — and more respectful — names for a child to call her parents.

Yesterday I let Layla go crazy playing with my bucket of 100 cookie cutters. You should have seen the mess she made! Mitch would have died! He didn't know about it though, because I cleaned it up right before he got home. If he only knew the things us girls do while he's away ... Whenever Layla makes a mess, she says, "Ohhh nooooo! A mess!!" in a very dramatic voice. It makes me laugh every time.

Layla is certainly my little buddy lately. I love it. She is so much fun, and exhausting! I love the random hugs and kisses I get through out the day. I love when she wraps her arm around my leg, rests her head on my thigh and makes her kissing sound. I love when we just look at each other and laugh. She has a pretty awesome sense of humor.

I don't love the tantrums she is throwing lately. She opens her mouth as wide as it will go (seriously, you should see it, super funny!) and then cries, only no tears come out. Total Faker. Then she runs away from me. And I let her. Once she's over it, she comes back.

We went to play group yesterday. She didn't want to leave. Every time I told her we needed to go home for lunch she ran away from me. Today we went to the library with Sue and Ryleigh for story-time. It was a total bust. Layla lasted about 20 seconds and then just wanted to run around the entire library, with me chasing her. I finally got her talked into sitting at a little table and looking at books. That didn't last long either, but it was sure better than running in the library! We had fun, even if she has no interest in sitting still. I did hear her tell Ryleigh, "Mine! No, no!" which I am not happy about. That's the first time I've ever heard her say that. I realize that every kid learns this eventually and goes through this phase, but WOW did she sound like brat! We'll have to work on correcting this behavior stat.

Yesterday I watched a show called, "Shark Men." Have you heard of it? It's a documentary, a very interesting one, about a group of guys trying to prove why there are great white sharks off of Guadalupe Island near Mexico. They capture great whites, take blood samples, and put tracking devices on them to do their research. Now, you must know that I have an insane fear of several things: heights; a mountain lion attacking me while I'm hiking, which could totally happen; bears, also attacking me while hiking or camping; a brown recluse spider biting me, which is very probable considering that mosquitoes and spiders LOVE me; and ... being eaten by a shark. So naturally, this show intrigues me. I was captivated! I'm just not sure if watching it will help me get over my fear or make it worse.

I started reading "Frankenstein" on my Kindle. I love my Kindle! Thanks again Mom and Dad! It sure makes reading more convenient. And I've been reading a lot more thanks to Layla's potty training. While she sits on the potty, I read and wait for her to finish. Two days ago she only went in her diaper twice, once while napping and once just a tiny bit and then she told me she needed to go on the potty. It was such a successful potty day! Yesterday ... not so good. We were O for 2. Today, she's doing okay. I'm sure it will take time, but boy am I sick of hanging out in the bathroom! At least I haven't had to clean the carpet, yet.

I went to another ballet blast class this week. Last time my hips were super sore the next day, but I also ran 3 miles the next day. This time I didn't run the day after class, and my hips aren't sore. So, apparently it's the running that is causing my hip flexor tendinitis. Okay, I haven't been officially diagnosed with that, but I'm pretty sure I have it. I'm taking a short break from running to see if I can prove my theory. If I'm right, I'll be really bummed. Running is like my therapy, especially in the winter. 

2 comments:

Blass Family said...

Lacey, After I had my first baby I started having horrible pain in my hips. I went to see a dr. about it and he explained to me that after having kids your hips can re swell and grind because of it. I can't remember all the medical terms he used but, he did say to take a ibprofin every day for a month to help the swelling go down and do stretches. It helped a ton. The pain sometimes comes back when I do things like exercise but it is more manageable now. It also came back with each pregnancy. Good luck I hope you find a resolution that will help you! :)

Natalie said...

I had that same problem with my hips in high school from Drill Team's countless kick lines. They still bother me to this day if I run or do the eliptical too much. Also, I read Frankenstein. Ummm...where did the movies get their information from because they totally take liberties from the book!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...