We were bored today so I decided we'd make silly faces for the camera. I told Layla what to do, she'd look at me so she could copy, and then she'd make her best version of whatever face I was pulling. Pretty funny.
 |
| silly face! |
 |
| blow bubbles! |
 |
| stick out your tongue! |
 |
| smile! (I have no idea why she's smiling like this, but it's funny!) |
Lately Layla is obsessed with owls. Not sure how it started, but it's hilarious. Also, for 2 or 3 days she was obsessed with the arctic fox. She saw one (for about 12 seconds) on an episode of Little Einsteins and talked about if for days afterwards. When she sees something new she says, "Wow, cool!" Our favorite right now is when she says, "Ya, okay." She usually says it in kind of a sad voice, like she's just given up and going along with whatever. "Ya, okay."
I know I say this a lot, but Layla is SO social. I'm not exaggerating when I say that in every store we've been to in the last two days she has made new friends. For example, at Deseret Book yesterday she befriended a 5 year old (or thereabouts) little girl. I look down and Layla is telling that little girl to "sit down" and they sat there talking and laughing for several minutes. Then Layla followed her around the store saying, "Hi!" over and over again. Today at the library she ran around in circles with a group of 4 other kids and kept saying, "Hi! Mamma there," while pointing at me. She also said "Hello!" to an elderly man sitting on a bench reading a book and it made him smile. I love that about her; she says hello to strangers and I can tell that while it catches them off guard, it makes most of them so happy.
We've also had our battles the last few days with her throwing tantrums or telling us no. We're holding our ground on enforcing rules and time outs. We don't want to raise a little brat and we feel like if we don't start enforcing things now it will just get out of control real fast. Most days she's really good, but I can definitely see the "Terrible Twos" starting to kick in. Even so, we love her to death!
1 comment:
I am so glad you get to stay home with Layla and spend quality time with her. You are such a good mom and you are both very lucky!
Post a Comment