3.05.2012

Spring?

It was so warm out today! At least 63 degrees; unusually warm for this time of year it seems. I hope this means spring is coming early! Layla and I took advantage and after running some errands we played outside and had a picnic. I thought the fresh air and sunshine might help her get over her cold (after I got strep throat, Mitch got it, and now Layla seems to have the baby version of it. Darn winter!) Thankfully, she's doing a lot better today. I think she'll be fine tomorrow.
After our lunch it was nap time. Only the first attempt wasn't successful. I heard  Layla over the monitor saying, "Helpa you," which means she needs help with something. I was worried that she was stuck in her crib or something, so I went down there. Nope. She was just fine, but wanted out. Then she told me she needed to go pee pee on the potty. I was excited, but she didn't even go. I think she was just trying to get out of nap time.
She kept pointing to that bush and saying, "Harvey tree." She was so upset that he wouldn't come out.
She wanted to wear my hat and put it on backwards.
We tried a second time for nap time. She cried the second I laid her down and I kept hearing her over the monitor for a good 20 minutes. While crying, she kept saying things like, "Mommy! Mamma. Come on, Mamma! Mommy. mommYYY! Helpa you. Baby OUT! Harvey. Harvey, come on! MamMAAA!" It's pretty hilarious, and sad at the same time. I have no idea what Harvey would do to help her out, but apparently she thinks he can do something. At least she finally went to sleep!
Finally got a shot of both of them looking in the right direction.
Even though Layla is so mean to Harvey at times (we're working on being "nice"), he still follows her around everywhere. It's hilarious. They are best buds.
Since my parents will be in HAWAII over Mitch's birthday, which I am completely jealous about, we decided to celebrate early with my fam. Mitch really wanted a chocolate, Nutella crepe cake (recipe here. Note: I don't put the hazlenuts on top). I grudgingly complied. Let's just say that while this cake is absolutely delicious, it is a lot of work, but since I love my hubby so very much, I made it anyways. (Too bad I can never make it stand up straight, so its's always leaning and looks like crap.) He loved it and kept thanking me while I was making it. I'm glad he appreciated it.

My mom made Snider's Santa Maria Tri-tip for dinner, which is one of Mitch's faves (he got to pick the menu since he's the birthday boy). If you've never bought one of those from Snider's, you should. Delicious! Thanks again, Mom! Everyone gave Mitch gift cards to the places he suggested: Best Buy and I-tunes. Perfect. We'll be celebrating some more over the next week and half! Happy early 31st Birthday, Mitch!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Sounds like fun! Call us when you're all feeling better. It looks like you're getting pretty good with your SLR camera!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...