3.29.2012

I'm eating my own words right now. I just joined Facebook. Swore I'd never do it.

But, since we're moving, I realized I wanted to know about activities, play groups, etc. going on with my friends here, and they always post it on FB. So, I joined.

I was going to go with some random name, but when I typed my name in, I found a friend request from one of my best friends, who lives in Latvia. It made me sad to think that we could be keeping in touch, WAY better than we do now, if I joined FB under my own name. So I did.

Don't be surprised if I NEVER put anything on there. Just saying. I'm going to keep writing on my blog. My sole purpose with FB is to know about activities with my friends, and keep in touch with my friends in Latvia. Don't be offended if I haven't sent you a friend request; so far I've only requested family and people from my mission. I'll be your friend too, if you want.

Update: already I have heard, through FB, that my friend Olga is on a mission! I am crying right now, tears of happiness. I guess FB is a good thing after all. Now I know that she is happy and that makes me happy.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh facebook... You finally caved! I don't really like it but it does have some pretty nice advantages, especially living away from home. Glad you joined!

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

You know Olga?! That's awesome! I'm the missionary who baptized her. I found out that she was going on a mission and my wife and I got to pick her up and drive her to the MTC. Such an amazing night. It made my whole mission seem worth it. I noticed on Facebook that you live in Layton. If you'd ever like to get our families together and talk about that mission, that would be amazing. We have 2 little girls of our own. That love to play. If you're interested my email is latvianmatt@gmail.com. Dievs sveti Latviju!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...