3.28.2012

Packing

I started packing this week. Haven't got far, but already our house looks so weird with bare walls and boxes stacked all around us. It's kind of weird to think we won't be living here anymore ...

I don't have a lot of time to update our blog, but I wanted to note that Layla started the horrible habit of biting her nails last week. I don't know where she picked that up from, or if she just figured it out, but her nails are SO short and I can't get her to stop. So, if you bite your nails when you're older, Layla Bug, just know that you started that nasty habit before you were even two years old!

Layla also started using the word "the" recently. Only sometimes she takes it too far and calls me, "The Mamma." It's hilarious. I'll say something like, "Be careful, Layla," and she'll respond with, "Be careful, The Mamma." Makes me laugh every time.

She's been spending a lot of time with her friend Parker (since Parker's parents are SO nice to babysit for us on such short notice) and Layla has learned new things from her friend, such as the phrase "I want," which is great and I'm glad she's learning new things from other kids her age.

We signed our contract for our lot, our "builder's meeting" will be in a few weeks, and then we're on our way! We are SO SO SO excited it's not even funny! In the end we got the lot we wanted the most; perfect location just a few houses away from the elementary school.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Good luck with your move! Sounds pretty exciting!

How perfect is that to be just a few doors from the school!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...