To the first person who came through.
We were offered $3K over our asking price.
It truly is a miracle, especially considering that we spent 11 months trying to sell two years ago. What can I say? When it's supposed to happen, when it's meant to be, it will all work out. We feel like our prayers have truly been answered and we feel SO blessed.
We've decided to build a home, but it's going to be a while until it's done (they haven't even paved the road yet!). We've picked a builder, a lot, and a floor plan. So, after closing next month, we will move into my parents' basement apartment. That will be weird. Love ya, Mom and Dad, but it's going to be weird living there again. Mitch will have to commute to work, but we are so grateful that my parents are willing to let us stay there!
Now the hardest part will be packing up our stuff, deciding what needs to go in storage and what comes with us, and moving it all. Not looking forward to that. I am looking forward to a brand new home in an area with AMAZING schools, which is why we chose this specific lot. (Not to mention it has great freeway access, is close to Mitch's work, and it's in a nice, safe area with a jogging trail. Ha, ha.)
| Okay, Bug, we're sending you to great schools ... please take advantage! |
For awhile, we thought we might end up in Alabama, but that didn't happen. Long story short, we were able to get funding for this year for Mitch's school, which is another HUGE miracle, and then each year the funding will be re-evaluated and hopefully continue for him to finish. So, now that relocating is not an option, we decided to take advantage of record low mortgage and home prices.
We are so happy and must have thanked Heavenly Father for these wonderful blessings at least a thousand times over the last few days! And I may have done Layla's "Happy Dance" a few times.
6 comments:
WoW! Awesome news! We'll have to get together soon and hear about the new place/plans. Way to go though. I'm sure you're thrilled and I'm glad you guys aren't moving to Alabama!
Congrats again! The jogging trail will be nice to have. Yikes, I didn't realize it was 40%, now I'm a little paranoid. Looks like I'll be homeschooling.
Amazing! We are going to have to get together when you're at your parents house again. I would love to see you!
I am so happy for you but so sad for you to leave! I am going to miss you!
Wow, I haven't read your blog in a long time. CONGRATS!!! That is great news! You will have to let me know where you are moving - I am assuming not too far since it is close to Mitch's work. You will love having a brand new home (I am assuming you will love it - I have never had a new home, but I can't imagine not loving it :)
Yeah good for you guys! That story sounds just like ours , 2 years ago we tried for 6months with no hope then sold it last November in 2days to the first person. It's such a relief, I'm so happy for you guys! it sounds like everything is just falling into place. Ru building with Henry walker?
Post a Comment