4.05.2012

Make Believe

Lately Layla has started playing make believe. She will have short conversations with her My Little Ponies, stuffed animals, or lately, the bunny Easter decoration. She doesn't often do this on her own; usually she will ask someone else to play the part of the "friend" who talks to her and she answers back. The hilarious part is that she tells you what to have the "friend" say.

It usually goes something like this:
Layla hands me the bunny/pony/stuffed animal.

Layla: "Hewwo Yay-yuh."

Me, in a funny, made-up voice: "Hello, Layla."

Layla:  "How you?"

Me, still in character: "How are you?"

Layla: "Good."

And then I think of things to say depending on my character and what's going on. I love seeing her pretend and use her little imagination. It's so cute and I like that she's starting to develop her creativity.
Last Sunday. She looked like a little missionary.
Another good part of this is that Layla now truly believes that we can kiss her owies "all better." Whenever she gets hurt she runs to me, usually crying, holds out the injured body part, and says, "Kiss all better!" After I kiss her finger/leg/head/arm/etc. she instantly stops crying and says, "All better!" and runs away. It's awesome! 

Yesterday she and Harvey got into it and he simultaneously scratched her arm, leg, and lip — at least according to Layla that's what happened. He must be some sort of ninja. Ha, ha. I had to kiss her arm, head, lip, and leg better! It made me laugh so hard when she was instantly healed. Silly girl. But I am glad that I have superhero healing powers!
We switched her car seat around .
She's not two yet, but will be very soon and she's the definitely the size of a two year old.
She doesn't look very happy in this pic, but I promise she was.
She also loves to draw lately. Any times she sees a writing utensil, she says, "Baby, draw?" She's pretty good at keeping it on the paper, but just pretty good. Ha, ha. We have our moments. Yesterday she drew a few scribbles on some paper and then told me it was a dolphin. Maybe we have a little artist on our hands? Two of my mom's siblings are very talented artists, so you never know, right?

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...