6.06.2012

Footings

Yay! We have footings on our foundation now! Hopefully this house building process will go faster than expected.

This is random, but tonight while grocery shopping at Winco, I thought to myself, "Oh, that little old woman looks just like a little old Russian bob I would have seen on my mission." ("bob" is short for "bobushka," which means "grandma" in Russian.) I got a little closer to her and her husband, only to hear them speaking Russian. Totally random. They were arguing over whether or not they should buy a can of evaporated milk - she wanted it and he said they didn't need it. Ha, ha. Then, I walked about two aisles over only to hear a completely different family also speaking Russian. Weird!

We tried to go to Lagoon yesterday. My mom works for a school district so she got us free entrance passes and free lunch tickets. Myself, my mom, Brock, and Natalie all drove up there and Mitch was going to meet us after his meetings. We decided to ride Wicked first, since it is the unanimous favorite for our family. We were all laughing (and crying) when the ride ended, and decided to go on it a second time (twice in a row!) since the line was so short. (I LOVE roller coasters!)

We then rode the Tidal Wave, which made all of us lose our stomachs despite sitting in the middle. We must be getting old! We rode the swings, which also made us feel old, and then waited in line for the Jet Star. Just as we got seated, it started raining and they told us we had to get off the ride. We waited it out in the Arcade, where Natalie beat Brock at Skee Ball, ha ha, and then used our free lunch tickets for some grub and funnel cakes. By this point, the temperature had literally dropped 20 degrees and we were freezing! Sadly, we went home and I told Mitch not to bother coming. What a bummer! At least we got to go on a few rides and it was all free. Thanks again, Mom! Maybe next year we'll have better luck. And Layla might be big enough for the kiddie rides next year.

And a special thanks to Mitch's padres for letting Layla sleep over. She had a blast and LOVES her new stuffed animal so much. We think it's a lemur, but she calls it a "Meemer" and took him everywhere with us today, fed him apples, and got really mad when we wouldn't let her take him in the bath with her. Ha, ha. Also, so sweet, when Layla got home my mom told her, "I missed you, Layla!" and Layla said, "Mamma, I missed her!" Oh, what a sweetheart, I'm so glad she missed me. I miss her like crazy every time she's gone. But I won't lie, the break is nice too!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...