Jesus wants me for a sunbeam,
To shine for Him each day,
In every way try to please Him,
At home, at school, at play.
A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam,
A sunbeam, a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for Him.
The second video showcases Layla singing, "Where is Thumbkin?" which her Grandma Bott taught her. She also sings a song my mom made up for her; we call it "Layla Lou." The lyrics are:
Layla Lou,
I love you,
Yes I do.
Woo, hoo, hoo!!!
Then she goes on to sing random bits of the sunbeam song, mostly "At home, at school, at play, Him!" which is her own special version of the song, I guess.
I should be better about recording what we do each week. This week Layla and I went to the Gateway Discovery Museum while Daddy painted another room in my parents' basement (only one more to go!). We also went and fed the ducks near my parents' house. I taught Layla to scare the "nasty pigeons" away by yelling, "Kaaa!" really loud and waving her arms above her head like a little mad woman. It was hilarious until other people showed up and I was actually slightly embarrassed. Ha, ha. At least they thought it was funny too. Seriously, pigeons are so gross. The rats of the sky, I say.
Last night we went to a BBQ with some friends. We all had a blast, but no one had more fun than Layla, who had her first experience on a trampoline. Oh my goodness, I've never seen her giggle so much, and I've never come so close to having a heart attack between the trampoline and the firepit! Ha, ha. She was such a good little girl though and we didn't have any accidents. She LOVED the oldest girl there, Sammy, who is 7 years old I believe, and Layla insisted on being next to her / holding her hand / sitting next to her / bossing her around the entire night. At least Sammy was a good sport! We need to get together with that group more often for sure.
Before the BBQ we met up with Katie, who had just bought a new car. It's a 2011 Dodge Challenger and I dare say it is gorgeous!
| I hope Katie doesn't mind me posting these pics, but I thought it was cute! |
On a side note, I still think Layla looks a lot like Katie, which is a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment