7.23.2012

Weekend

I feel like we did a lot this last weekend:
  • Went hiking with some good friends. Our goal was to hike to "The Living Room," but we took a wrong turn. We will be going back again soon though; pretty sure we know where we need to go next time... and I promise not to scream as loud when we see the GIANT beetles or a tarantula.
  • Attended the beautiful wedding and reception of Mitch's cousin, Kelsey, and her new husband, Spencer. I love weddings. So much happiness and love.
  • Layla had a BLAST swimming with her grandparents while we were at the temple sealing. She was really upset when we made her get out of the pool.

  • Layla also went to the Living Planet Aquarium with my parents. They bought her a giant stuffed seahorse, which she LOVES, and she even does an awesome seahorse sound (I have no idea what, if any, sound a seahorse makes, but apparently Layla knows). 
  • While Layla was at the aquarium, Mitch and I saw the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. To say we loved it would be an understatement ... it was so, so, so good. While the Batman trilogy is quite dark and disturbing, I love every single one of the movies. Surprising, considering I can't even watch the news at night without having nightmares. I guess it's the whole idea that good always triumphs over evil that attracts me to the Batman series. Anyways, I highly recommend it, and don't be too scared, that Colorado freak-shooting was an isolated incident. Sad and creepy, but not likely to happen again (hopefully!).
  • Layla also loves to swing in the swing my parents have hanging from a tree in their backyard. She always wants to go higher, so high in fact that I had to tell Mitch not to let her go any higher— they were making me nervous! And of course we get plenty of use out of the sidewalk chalk.
  • I've been practicing a lot with our camera, reading all sorts of books, and trying to teach myself to eventually shoot entirely in manual mode. I would love to have a wedding photography business someday ... shooting family portraits, babies, etc. doesn't interest me much, but I love weddings and would love to capture the happiness that surrounds them in art form. But let's just say that I need A LOT more practice before I reach that point ...
  • Mitch's school is going very well and he is keeping ridiculously busy at work. I am really proud of him and I know he will go really far in his career.
  • Still no progress on the potty training ... this little "break" is lasting longer than I thought, but whatevs. We'll get there someday.

  • We finished Insanity! Yay! I hated it by the end, but Mitch still loves it and is going to continue to do it. I will say that while I can see results, it really made me almost go insane just doing the same moves over and over and over again. It is a great workout, definitely challenging, but too repetitive for my liking. I have started running again and it feels so good. Running is like my therapy; it clears my mind.
  • We're all doing great, no complaints, just trying to have fun every day and soak in the sun!

4 comments:

melynda said...

ok so how long did you do insanity for? i am so with you and i could only do it for about 2 weeks!

Lacey said...

Melynda, i actually stuck it out for the entire program, nine weeks, minus a few days when I was sick. I followed the diet plan too. Didn't lose a pound! Though I did tone up quite a bit. I'm glad I did it, but it didn't yield the results I was expecting... You probably have to do a couple rounds of it to get really good results, or else be fat to start with. Ha, ha.

Ashlee said...

Ewww I hate spiders!!! I would have screamed too. I wish I could say my weekend was as exciting as yours was. I was wondering... what is that blue thing hanging from your pocket (in the first pic), it looks interesting?

Lacey said...

Ashlee - that blue thing is one of those bug repellent fans; instead of spraying bug repellent, you wear the fan that supposedly disperses bug repellent around. It does seem to work as I haven't gotten any bites when I've worn it. :) I am incredibly allergic to bug bites and the bugs seem to like me more than most people ...

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...