So, for what feels like the dozenth (is that a word or did I just make that up?) time, we are doing the potty training thing. Layla is so stubborn sometimes. And I was so naive about how easy this process would come.
Yesterday morning I felt like I had an out-of-body experience. Before I could fully comprehend what was happening, I was in Layla's room gathering up all her diapers and hiding them in Marcus' dresser drawer without Layla's knowledge. Then I put her on the potty and she went pee. Afterwards I told her to go get a diaper. She looked and said, "Where are they?" I told her they were all gone and she'd just have to wear her underwear.
![]() |
| Nothing like exercising in your undies! |
She took it well. Really well, actually. I was shocked. Shocked at what I had done without even thinking about it, and shocked that she didn't seem to mind.
So, that morning we had 4 pee accidents. Then it was nap time. Crap. What to do? Do I let her wear her underwear and pee the bed, or do I have another diaper magically appear to save the day? Oh why didn't I think this through?!?
![]() |
| Random belly shot at 26 weeks. |
I chose the latter. I told her that diapers are for nap time and bed time only and during the day she will wear underwear. Again, she seemed fine with it.
After her nap she only had one more accident before bed time! Yay!
![]() |
| She makes the slowest speed look harder than it really is. Ha, ha. |
Now it is Day 2, 3:00 pm, and she has only had one accident all day. She didn't want to wear her diaper at nap time, so she put it on her kitty and fell asleep in her underwear. I'm hoping they stay dry, but if they don't that's okay for now. We'll get there. I am going to stick with this. Can't go back to diapers now. Maybe not fully thinking this through will pay off. Keeping my fingers crossed!
And the best part is that I let her hang out in her underwear all day, partly to avoid too much laundry, and mostly because I think she looks so cute and squishy in them!
Sorry in advance, Layla Bug, if these pics embarrass you when you're older. Don't worry, you'll do the same thing to your kids someday. :)
And, on a random note, we watched Oakley the other day and they both wanted to dress up in Layla's Sunday dresses. (Layla has been really into dress ups lately. Probably need to get her some princess dresses or something...) I took some pics of them together. Of course Layla had to hold Oakley's hand and her kitty's hand. That kitty, I swear! Totally hilarious. And these two little girls crack me up. They have the funniest conversations. Layla talks about Oakley constantly and says she is her best friend. I can't wait to see them in ten years from now. I can just imagine ...
![]() |
| BFFs. |





1 comment:
That last picture is SO dang cute! Humm....potty training. Well the good thing is you dont see 10 year olds walking around wearing diapers. Just be patient, sounds like it's going good...but dont force anything. If she wants to be stubborn then let her be stubborn. Maybe she will realize when the baby comes that she doesnt want to wear them? All I know is one day she will just do it and that will be that. Good luck!
Post a Comment