Oh, and I started eating dairy and chocolate again. Turns out that wasn't the problem afterall. Good thing, I couldn't have gone a whole year without those things! Though I still can't eat spicy food, but that's much more manageable.

We'll get there eventually, I'm sure. I sure love the little guy though. Funny story: the other night in the bath Layla randomly told me, "Rubber duckies aren't loud." I said, "Nope, they're not," and then she said, "But babies are loud when they cry." Ha! Yep, our baby sure is!
![]() |
| Jordanelle with Mammy and Grandpa Miles |
Thursday was the 4th of July. We kept it pretty low key that day, but partied hard that night! We had some friends over, which included Layla's bestie, Oakley. Man, those two girlies have SO much fun together. I always wish we lived closer than our current 15 minute drive to our house. Maybe then I wouldn't have to hear Layla whine about how she misses Oakley and wishes Oakley could come play. :)

We had a BBQ, roasted 'mallows, and set off a few fireworks. The kids thought the fireworks were pretty cool and they also had fun playing dress ups. Silly girls.
On Friday Layla went swimming with Aunt Katie and her bf, Brandon. Layla loves hanging out with them and it's nice to have them live so close to us. While she was there Mitch and I went and saw a few homes in the Parade of Homes ... if only we had 1.8 million dollars to buy our dream home. Ha! We did get a few good ideas for a backsplash for our kitchen and some wainscoting for our entry way and master bedroom though. We ordered some samples for the backsplash and I'm really interested so see how they'll look.
On Saturday Layla had her first swim lesson of the season. Mitch took her. She did okay ... still has a ways to go, but at least she likes the water, right?


On Sunday they woke up and went boating on a whim. My parents not only bought her a new swimsuit, cover up, water shoes, and sunglasses (since they didn't plan on boating so we didn't send her with any of that), but they even bought Layla her very own pink fishing pole. She thought it was pretty neat when they caught some fish; I'm just glad she wasn't scared of it or didn't think it was sad. That's my girl. I used to love fishing and went a lot in high school. I would not only bait my own hook, but I would also gut my own fish. While I love Layla's little princess stage, I don't want her to be too girly, so I was glad to hear she thought fishing was fun. Plus, I see a lot more fishing trips with Grandpa and Mammy in her future. One of my favorite childhood memories is fishing with my grandparents on their little green boat. My grandpa always attached a bell to the end of his fishing pole and then he'd fall asleep in the warm sun until he'd catch one and his bell would ring and wake him up. And my grandma would make us egg salad sandwiches and they always tasted so good. I'm really glad Layla can make the same type of memories with her grandparents.

But I digress. Sunday Mitch and I went to church (not nearly as fun as boating, but uplifiting) and then met up with Layla at my grandma's for a delicious 4th of July dinner. Good times.
On Monday Layla and Oakley went to "Princess Academy." (Basically a little get together with a bunch of preschool age girls where they do different activities based around a princess theme.) Layla has been talking about this for weeks now. She was SO excited! She wore her Cinderella princess dress and had a great time. But she was disappointed because "Princess Academy was just at someone house and not at a castle." Guess I should have explained that a little better. They colored, did a craft, and planted a flower seed in a little pot they decorated. Super cute. They should probably charge more than $5; heck, I would have paid $10! Layla gets to go again on Thursday.

That brings us to today, Tuesday. The fun hasn't ended yet. Layla went and played at her friend's Landon's house. They played outside and ate otter pops. I meant to go too to chat with Becky, but I was so tired and she kindly offered to just take Layla so I could nap. It was nice.
Layla's new thing is when I go to pick her up from her friends' houses, she'll say, "I don't like you, Mom!" Of course I know she likes me, loves me even, she just doesn't like that I make her leave when she's having so much fun. Oh to be a kid again.
Welp, gotta go. Marcus is hungry.

2 comments:
You are a good mommy! You look so pretty too and have the cutest kids ever!
You are a good mommy! You look so pretty too and have the cutest kids ever!
Post a Comment