5.06.2014

Easter 2014

We had fun this year for Easter! I wish I had taken more pictures, but we dyed Easter eggs, which Layla loved! She also like eating them so none went to waste! We also had an Easter egg hunt for Layla and she was so impressed that the Easter Bunny was at our house "just hopping around" hiding eggs. I LOVE hearing her talk about the Easter Bunny / Santa Claus / make believe things as if they're really real. It feels a little mean, since we are lying to her, but it's also so fun to see her so excited! I also tried to teach Layla the true meaning of Easter. She knows that Jesus was resurrected and that we will live again too after we die. However, she also knows that Christ died on a cross and on Easter she said to me, "I don't want to die on a cross, Mom!" I had to explain to her that we won't die that way even though Jesus did. She seemed grateful for that. :)

We celebrated Easter on Saturday with my fam and went fishing. Or at least we tried to. We got skunked, unfortunately, but it was still fun to be outside and do something different. We had a yummy lunch and some bunny cake for dessert that Layla "helped" my mom make. Layla also had an Easter egg hunt at my parents'.

On Sunday we went to church, which was lovely of course, and then we went to lunch at Mitch's grandma's house. Lunch was yummy and then Layla had another egg hunt. Needless to say we have plenty of candy around here! And Mitch and I decided that it will be so nice next year when Marcus can actually compete with Layla in the Easter egg hunts! She has it way too easy right now since she's the only one. I think it takes some of the fun out of it for her because she doesn't have to run around to get the eggs before someone else does.

Another fun and meaningful Easter for us! I am thankful for my Savior and feel like I understand His Atonement better after having a rough year with a new baby and some postpartum depression. I feel like Easter meant more to me this year as a result and I'm thankful for my ever-growing testimony. I know that He lives, and because of Him, death is not the end for us.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Soooooo cute!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...