5.06.2014

Viva Las Vegas!

So one Friday last month my friend Nicole called and said they were leaving to Las Vegas with her parents the next day and would be staying for one week. Except for her parents; they had to leave on Monday, leaving the Craguns in Las Vegas for the rest of the week by their lonesomes ... so, would we like to drive down and stay with them? Ummmm, hello! Do you even have to ask?!? :) We hopped in the car on Wednesday and were on our way!

The kids did so good on the drive down. We stayed at a nice two-bedroom condo that was off of the strip. The girls LOVED having sleepovers every night. The first night they stayed up late talking and laughing. We had to keep reminding them that you're supposed to sleep at a sleepover. Ha! (Marcus did not sleep so well however, but what's new, right?)

We enjoyed taking the shuttle to the strip and I was so impressed with the girls who walked so far each night we were there. The first trip to the strip was kind of a bust. We tried to see all the free things, but they either no longer existed or were broken. Boo. We finally broke down and paid too much money for Nicole and I to take the girlies on a gondola ride in the Venetian because we felt bad that they had walked and walked all over only to have nothing work out.

We did also catch the "volcano" eruption outside the Mirage, which made all of the kids cry except Dexter, so I guess you could say that was a bust too. Ha!

It was so nice to get away for a little while and mostly to spend some time with Mitch! This was shortly after he had been out of town for 6 weeks and working like crazy, so the timing was perfect for us. I am so thankful for the invitation and it was super nice of Nicole's parents to let us stay! We love the Cragun family and have so much fun with them. I love that our kids are friends (Marcus and Dexter even bonded while sharing breakfast) and have so much fun together. We definitely need to plan another trip!


 

 

pickle at Carnegie Deli.
 

Frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity.
M&M store.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are all so lucky to be able to do fun things with your kids....enjoy!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...