But I digress. She had a wonderful birthday and was spoiled rotten by all. On her actual birthday she woke up to balloons covering the floor in her room and a new bicycle! It is pink with princesses and tassels and even has a jewelry case! She really enjoys riding it and does very well. (If she was just an inch or two taller I would take the training wheels off.) I made her pancakes with candles for breakfast. We decorated cupcakes for her friends at preschool and they all sang to her. After a yummy dinner and more cupcakes, Mitch and I took her to Boondocks where she played games and rode go-karts with Mitch.
The following weekend she got to have a sleepover with Mammy Miles and pick out her birthday present. She ended up with a pink soccer ball and a soccer net. We have enjoyed playing with it in the backyard. Of course she was spoiled during her birthday sleepover!
On Sunday we had a party for her with both sides of the fam. Every time I asked Layla what kind of party she wanted she said something different, so I didn't go all out with a theme this time. We kept is simple: she chose a Hello Kitty cake, lots of balloons, and we made Cafe Rio for dinner. We also played pin the bow on Hello Kitty. Brandon won but he might have cheated. Ha, ha! She loved all of her gifts; it seemed like everyone got her the perfect thing.
She has told me several times that next year she wants "a birthday party with all of my friends and aunts and uncles." Hmmmm, we'll see ... I was hoping to hold off for a while on the whole friend party thing.
Here's to year four. It's already better than year three thanks to Layla being less dramatic and no longer having potty accidents. Wahoo! I love my little buggy's guts. She helps me be a better person and reminds me to slow down and enjoy life. She is so sweet, funny, and smart. I am so happy that I am her mommy and I hope she felt very special on her birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment