5.06.2014
The Best Days of My Life
The kids and I were recently hanging out in our closet while I sorted the laundry. We were all three laughing about something, though I can't remember what. For a moment it seemed to me like time stood still as I watched my beautiful children's faces while they were laughing. It was one of those perfect moments where you realize how blessed you are and how wonderful life is. During this moment I remembered an older man at the grocery store who said hello to my children and told me that these are the best days of my life, an expression that used to puzzle me because my days are sleep-deprived, busy, and full of toddler tantrums. But while we were laughing together I finally realized that these truly are the best days: the days where I can hang out with my kids and have fun doing something as simple as sorting laundry. The days when my kids actually want to hang out with me. The days when it is oh so easy to make them laugh and they happen to think I'm hilarious. The days when I can breathe in their sweet smells and snuggle their soft little bodies. So yes, I understand now that these truly are the best days, because even if I'm tired, or stressed, or dealing with a tantrum, I still get to hold and love my babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
I graduated from college. Holy cow, I can't believe I'm done!! I'm just so happy. Mitch is so sweet and brought me purple and w...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
I am!!! April . 2 . 2010 . We are ecstatic.
1 comment:
Lacey, these truly ARE the best days of your life! I remember them with you and your brother too and I miss them! ENJOY! You are blessed that you can stay home with your kids and have every minute with them!
Post a Comment