10.06.2014

Autumn 2014

Only in Utah is it 90 degrees on Thursday, and 60 degrees just three days later! We were so hot and then in a matter of days it became autumn and we have frost on the rooftops in the mornings. I was sick of the hot weather, but I wasn't ready for such a sudden change. Anywho, 'tis the season for pumpkin flavored treats and making Halloween costumes (both of which I have been eating/making)! 

Last week Layla went on a field trip to the fire station. I drove her and one other little girl while my kind grandma stayed with Marcus. It was fun to join them and see Layla with all of her classmates (she is definitely the talker/know-it-all of the group! Ha, ha!). Then a few days later, Mitch and I took the kids to the fire station for their annual shin dig where they had balloons, goody bags, displays, etc. and we even took a ride on a fire truck! It was pretty neat. Marcus and Layla both had fun imitating the sound of the siren. We saw Smokey the Bear and learned about fire safety.

 Last month I kept meaning to take my kids to this field near our home where there were lots of sunflowers to take some pics of their sweet faces. I waited too long and the sunflowers were mostly dead, but we still got some cute pictures. Next time I will go sooner in the month, and not so late at night (some of the pics were too dark so we went back the next morning and took a few more (this was also when I made Layla pee in the bushes because she didn't go before we left the house and we weren't near a bathroom. It was pretty funny, and gross.)).

Picture overload:









Layla took this picture! Pretty good, huh?
 And now for an unflattering picture of myself, but one that I love because it shows what part of my mornings consists of: snuggles with my kids! Layla will always snuggle first and then Marcus gets jealous and pushes her off my lap so he can sit there himself.

This boy LOVES to play outside and screams every time we head in.
He especially loves to "ride" Layla's bike. Never mind that it's pink and covered in princesses. Oh, he also insists on wearing her helmet. It's pretty funny.

 This is the smile I get when I tell him to "say cheese." Oh.my. He melts my heart!
 Just chillaxin' at church, drinking his milk from his sippy cup. NBD.
 He walked in my room with Layla's princess crown on his head like this. He was so proud of himself.
 She wanted to do these poses for her "first day of preschool" pictures.

 I had to bribe her to do a normal pose. Silly girl.
I wanted a free box of Krispy Kreme donuts on International Pirate Day, but I didn't want to dress up like a pirate. Then it hit me: Layla can dress up like a pirate! Yummy!
 Lately she insists on rolling her pants up like Steve Urkel and tucking her shirts in. It's a daily battle. She is such a sweet girl though! Last Sunday in Primary she drew a picture of herself with Jesus. At the top she wrote, "I love you Jessis." There is a gray scribble above her head in the picture. When I asked her what it was she said it was Jesus "fixing" her hand because it was "messed up" and pointed to the hand she had drawn that was slightly scribbled on. It made me so happy that she is learning about our Savior and the many miracles He performed while He lived on earth. We talked about it for a minute and she smiled. It was a sweet moment as a mother where I know she felt the Spirit and I was grateful for the role my faith plays in my life and my childrens' lives.
Marcus got a new hairdo! I can't remember if I already posted about this or not, but it's super cute! The faux hawk definitely fits his personality.A few things about Marcus lately: he only says Layla's name when he's yelling at her. He yells and grunts it at the same time, if that makes any sense. He pronounces it "Ah-ya!" They have been playing together really well lately. They play The Chase Game, which consists of Marcus chasing Layla around the house while they both yell and giggle. Marcus lets out this high-pitched squeal that I can only assume is his imitation of Layla's girly scream. It's pretty funny.
Most mornings I put Marcus in the shower with me. Then I don't have to wonder what trouble he's getting into while I'm showering. He usually stays in there while I get out, get dressed, and do my hair and make up. He really enjoys using the squeegee on the glass and has gotten quite good at it. Teaching him young.

I may have already wrote this on here, but after the park one day, Layla was sweating and told me, "Mom, my face has tears on it, but I'm not crying." She was so confused. My kids make me laugh every day! 

In other news, I was recently called to serve as a Young Womens' advisor at church. I am a Beehive Advisor, so I work with the 12 and 13 year old girls. I LOVE it! They are such good, good girls and their energy and zest for life is contagious. I hope I can raise Layla to be as kind and loving at that age like these girls! They are good examples to me and it's supposed to be the other way around!

Mitch and I have bought a few Christmas presents for the kids already! We got them some books; Layla's are all coloring or drawing books. She's really into that lately. We also got them a Fisher Price Up and Down Roller Coaster, which is basically a 10 foot long rolling track with a little cart they can ride on. It's for ages 2 to 5, so they can have fun playing with it together. I can't wait for them to see it Christmas morning!!! I can only imagine the fun they'll have on it! 

A couple of months ago, Mitch and I went and floated the Provo River with my parents. I was really excited and it started out great. Then about 20 minutes into our 1.5 hour long float, it started raining. Pouring, actually. And we were SO cold! It was a total bummer. It cleared up for about the last 10 minutes. We did laugh it off, and it was something I'll never forget, that's for sure. Next time we'll check the weather before we go!

I have been enjoying taking more pictures for people. I have a few more booked now that fall is here. I am taking Katie and Brandon's wedding pictures in a few weeks for their wedding in Moab. I am nervous because last night I had a dream that as Katie was walking down the aisle and I was snapping away, my camera broke! I started crying and had to tell Katie as she was saying her vows that my camera was broken and I didn't know what to do. I woke up nervous and now I think I need buy a spare camera. :)

Speaking of Katie, I went to her bachelorette party last month. It was fun to meet her friends; she has some really good friends. I am so excited for her and Brandon to get married! And for their new house to be done so they will live within walking distance to us (0.25 miles away, according to our GPS watch). They might get sick of us ... 

Brock and Natalie are preggo! YAY! I am beyond happy for them and can't wait to hear what sex their baby is so I can start buying new/ giving our old stuff! I am also excited to finally meet baby Tennesey when they come for Thanksgiving!

Welp, gotta go fold laundry and start dinner. I seriously love my job as a stay at home mom and feel so blessed to be able to do this!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...