10.10.2014

Girls' Trip!

Layla and I were able to go on a girls' trip with Nicole and Oakley! It was so fun and something that we need to do annually. We went to St. George and saw The Little Mermaid at Tuachan Amphitheater. All four of us enjoyed the play and Layla keeps asking me when we're going to see it again! It was really nice to spend some time with just my baby girl. That doesn't happen often enough anymore. She is so sweet, smart, and fun to be around; I love her so much!

Layla was concerned about how Mitch would fare while we were away. The night before we left she said the family prayer and she said, "We're thankful we can go on our girl trip. Please help Daddy to know what to make for dinner while we're gone."

When we picked Nicole and Oakley up Layla said, "Oakley I'm sorry Marcus couldn't come, but don't worry, I'm funny too!"

The drive down and back went by so fast! We only stopped once each way and the girls chatted and colored the whole drive, never complaining once! I guess we'll have to bring Oakley on all our road trips from now on. Layla would love that!
She asked me to take a pic of her doing this.
Not sure why, but it does make me laugh!
We spent time shopping, of course, and some time with my grandpa. It was a great trip and I hope we have another girls' trip next year! I'm thankful for our friendships with Nicole and Oakley!

I am thankful to my husband who was supportive of our selfish desire to get away for a weekend and for his willingness to watch Marcus all weekend (though they did have fun together and Mitch spoiled Marcus all weekend). After we left, Mitch took Marcus to Wal-mart and let him pick out a new toy before going out to eat. On Sunday Mitch said he "took Marcus up the canyon to look at the leaves but he didn't appreciate it." It made me laugh out loud. So cute!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...