
Layla was the flower girl. She rocked it. Brandon's nephew, Maxon, was the ring bearer. He is also Layla's first crush! She acts so giggly and hyper around him. She even tried to kiss him! Mitch told her that she needs to "play hard to get and make Maxon think you don't like him," to which she responded, "But Dad, I LOVE Maxon!" Oh boy. We're in trouble! She's only four!!! Ha, ha. At least she picked a really cute boy to have as her first crush!
I was the photographer for their engagements and wedding day. It was so much fun! It was a little stressful since I was also trying to get my kids ready and participate in the wedding, but overall I truly enjoyed the photography side of it. I am even more convinced now of my desire to be a wedding photographer. My most embarrassing moment did happen while I was taking the big group photo and fell off the chair I was standing on. Miraculously I managed to land on my feet, which lead to everyone referring to me as "Ninja" for the rest of the night. Oh geez. But I digress. The pictures are beautiful, but how could they not be with a gorgeous bride, handsome groom, and stunning scenery?!?
After the wedding we were able to see Dead Horse Point and Arches National Park. I really loved the Sand Dunes Arch and we spent quite a bit of time there. Marcus was NOT a happy camper about spending so much time in the car— not that I blame him, but the screaming and crying got old real fast. I don't think we'll be doing any road trips or vacations that require a lot of time in the car for a while. I will say that the kids were very well behaved considering that it wasn't always fun or ideal for them. They are so much fun, even when they're exhausting.
.jpg)
It was so great to spend Katie and Brandon's special day with them. It seems that everyone shed tears of happiness. They are perfect for each other and I am so happy for them! It was also nice to spend time with Kevin and Kathy; the kids especially loved having them around to play all their silly games together.
Now Katie and Brandon are closing on their new home this week! They will be living less than a quarter mile away from us! It will be fun to have them close. I just hope they don't get sick of us!


No comments:
Post a Comment