This year we went with Tinkerbell and Peter Pan. Since I couldn't find a reasonably priced Peter Pan costume, I decided to go all Martha Stuart and make both of the kids' costumes. They turned out pretty good as long as you don't look too close. ;) It cost more the make the costumes than I thought it would, so I'm not sure I'll do it again, but at least I had fun doing it this year!
Layla wore hers the day before Halloween to her preschool party where she had a blast. On the actual holiday I took the kids trick-or-treating with my mom to Aunt Natalie's work and my dad's work. Marcus was so pooped after Natalie's that he fell asleep on the way to grandpa's and was out for a majority of the time at my dad's work. Poor Peter Pan.
That night I took the kids trick or treating to two houses, but Marcus was slow and not very interested, so I took him home and Mitch took Layla out. They were gone for over an hour and managed to hit lots of houses. Now we have way too much candy, of course, but we do have lots of good memories. :)
Layla definitely had the most fun, but Marcus loved it too. He just didn't seem to get the concept very much; his only concern was eating candy (including wrappers) and he didn't worry about getting more as long as he had one in his hand. I'm sure he'll get it down pat next year.
This wasn't on purpose, but six months ago I scheduled a dentist appointment for myself and Layla for the week after Halloween. I can't think of a better time to get my teeth clean than after a week of eating too much sugar!
No comments:
Post a Comment