Layla is still enjoying school and is making new friends every day. She is such a social butterfly. It was Sophie's birthday and she got to pick one person to sit at the birthday table with her ... she picked Layla. Sophie is a new friend from Kindergarten whom I have yet to meet. I am just pleased that Layla is a good friend and I hope she will continue to be and find good friends throughout her life. I am not excited for the girl drama that I'm sure will happen, but I hope I can prepare her and help her through it in the best way.
She is still enjoying piano (most days) and I have seen a lot of improvement. With Suzuki method piano I am her coach, and that is rough a lot of days! Do you think she wants to listen to her mom lecture her about proper hand position? But I must be doing something right (not to toot my own horn or anything) because her teacher tells me each week that I'm a good coach. In reality I think I'm too strict on Layla
I am loving hanging out with Marcus one on one these days. That boy is absolutely hilarious! He genuinely enjoys making people laugh and is getting good at figuring out what things people find funny. He reminds me so much of my brother, Brock, it's crazy! They both get the same goofy grin on their face when they're proud of something they've done, they both like to make people laugh, and they're both so fun to be around. Marcus is still a Mamma's boy, and he has taken to calling me Mommy, always saying things like, "Okay, Mommy" and "Sowwy, Mommy" and "Wuv woo, Mommy!" He pretty much melts my heart. He and Layla are best friends most days and have a grand time playing together. I hope I can encourage them to stay friends throughout their lives.
On the days that Layla is at school and Marcus is napping, I find myself quite bored. At first I thought it was awesome that I actually had two hours to myself to relax, but now I'm over it and I need something to do. I could start taking more pictures and use that time to edit them, but then I have to find time to actually take people's pictures and weekends and weeknights are pretty much shot until Mitch finishes school. So then I thought about doing some more online editing and actually use my degree, but I feel like I need to take a grammar course or something before I can call myself an editor again. Lol. But I really need to figure it out because I'm sick of being bored. Maybe next time I write on here I'll have found a new hobby.
Mitch is just as busy as ever. How does he do it? He might just go crazy when he finishes his Ph.D. and finds he has oodles of extra time. He is about ready to start writing his dissertation proposal so that's exciting! Last week he was invited to tour the Disney Imagineers campus with his focus group at work and he said it was awesome. He is still traveling to California for work frequently, but there are definitely perks that come with that. We have fun on the weekends when there is no school or work! We've been lucky enough to go on several dates just the two of us lately. We've been to the temple, seen a few movies, out to dinner, and found our new favorite cupcake shop. I love spending time with him and he always makes me laugh.
What else? I went to girls camp with our ward last month. We stayed in Bloomington, Idaho, on the north end of Bear Lake. It was gorgeous and we were also able to tour the Minnetonka Caves, which were incredible. We have some amazing young women in our ward. They are by far better girls than I was at that age! I only hope that I can raise my daughter to be as good as they are in every way.
I have loved having a niece close by (who actually lives in our same state) and watching her grow and change. I mostly love seeing how much my kids enjoy holding her and playing with her. I hope they will all be friends as they grow up, and Tennesey too, it's just harder because she doesn't live here. It's fun to be an aunt and for my kids to finally have cousins!
Well, I guess I better go change a poopy bum now. Oh the joy. Marcus keeps asking to go on the potty, but I'm trying to wait until we come back from our vacation. I don't really feel like potty training on the airplane or at the amusement parks. :/ But I'm hoping since he's interested that it will be easy once we do start! I'm a little concerned about potty training a boy, but I guess we'll figure it out. I just remember sharing a bathroom with my brother and being amazed at the amount of pee that ended up around the toilet. Sick! Hoping to curb that at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment