Well, we made it on our biennial zoo trip this year. Oh, the zoo. I have such mixed feelings about it. Part of me feels like a kid when I'm there and I love to see the animals, and the other part of me feels like a tree hugger wanting to free all the poor animals. Lol.

Regardless, we did have a fun day! We went with our neighbor Camille and her 15 month old daughter, Brynlee. We rode the train, the carousel, and saw more animals than I can count. We were literally one minute late for the bird show and they wouldn't let us in. Lame! Layla was really bummed and I felt bad about it.
 |
She wanted to wear her cat shirt and leopard vest to the zoo. I obliged, despite cringing inside. Lol. |
 |
| Beyond excited to ride the train! |
The trip home was interesting. I thought I remembered how to get back to I-80 from Foothill, but we got lost and it took twice as long to get home as it should have. The kids were super whiny by this point and I was mad. So, it didn't end great, but it made me sure of my decision not to buy an annual pass to the zoo. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment