10.02.2015

Layla's First Piano Recital

Layla has now been taking piano for six months. She had her very first piano recital in September and she played, "Mary Had a Little Lamb" with her right hand playing melody and left hand playing two different chords. She had to state her name and piece, play the piece, then bow afterwards. She did such a great job and you never would have guessed it was her first recital!

The entire week leading up the recital she was really nervous. We practiced a lot, pretending it was the recital and going over everything she would do and experience, and what to do if she messed up or forgot the next note, etc. It's a different experience when they have the pieces memorized and don't have any music to refer to!

She did awesome. She marched right up, said her name and piece (and smiled, just like I told her to), played her piece wonderfully (ironically with one minor error on the first note, after we spent DAYS practicing only the ending of the song, lol), then took her bow. My favorite part though, was the proud, sweet smile she gave when she finished and as she came and sat down. The relief and satisfaction were evident on her pretty little face. ;)

We were sad that Mitch had to be out of town for her first performance. I was able to record it and show him later. And, she will have a recital once a quarter from here on out, so there will be plenty more for him to see!

I am so proud of my bug and her musical ability. I know she hates to practice most days, but I also know she'll be glad she can play when she's older. She is quite the talented little lady. I love her pretty face and her sweet, hilarious soul! Oh, and did I mention that she also learned to ride her bike without training wheels?!? Finally! Now she loves it, just like I knew she would, and asks to ride her bike nearly every day. Yay!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...