5.31.2016

May 2016

Lots of things going on this month.

Mitch and I celebrated 9 years of marital bliss! We've had our ups and downs, our share of disagreements, as all married couples do, but I can still say that I know I was supposed to marry this amazing man and that he still impresses me with his wisdom, kindness, cute smile, pretty blue eyes, and all around goodness, even nine years later. He's pretty awesome and I feel lucky that he chose me. :) I love our life together and wouldn't trade it for anything!

To celebrate we went to eat sushi at a restaurant called Tsunami and it was delectable! We order several kinds of sushi and some Japanese tacos. The tacos were my favorite and tasted like an explosion of flavors in my mouth. Mmmm, now I'm drooling and want to go back. ;)

We were also going to go hit a bucket of balls, which would have been hilarious since we both suck at golfing, but I had a nasty sinus infection at the time and just wanted to go to bed. But at least we had a nice date that night.
Temple square and Memory Grove
over Memorial weekend.
My sinus infection brings me to other happenings in May. I went to an internist this month and had some blood work done. Long story short, I had bloodwork done last year for the same symptoms I'm having now (fatigue, unexplained weight gain, fatigue, oh, and did I mention I'm tired?), but they didn't do the blood work correctly for my thyroid or diabetes. So, I went to this new doctor, who is amazing, and she tested me correctly. It came back that my CRP was incredibly high and I am now taking a daily baby aspirin as CRP can indicate a risk for future heart disease. I was tested a second time, and my CRP level has decreased, but is still slightly high. Also, they found mono in my bloodwork; I do not have it currently, but have had it in the past (though I didn't know it and probably just thought it was a nasty case of tonsillitis). For some adults, mono can lead to chronic fatigue syndrome. Yippee. :/ I have a follow up appointment this week, but I'm thinking this sluggish feeling is something I'm going to have to get used to. Boo! On the other hand, I am incredibly grateful that I am not dealing with diabetes, thyroid issues, or anything more serious. This has been a good wakeup call for me to eat healthier, exercise more, and take better care of myself. I want to enjoy decades of married life with Mitch and I need to be healthy to do that!


Here's to better health!

And goofing off with my kiddos!
Marcus looked like a stripper while potty training and
playing dress up at the same time. ;)

More silly faces.

Just writing Chinese like it's no big deal.
She amazes me!

Playing at the museum.
 Still doing a lot of bike riding with the bike trailer. Marcus fell asleep last time we went!
 We went to the Heber Cemetary to put flowers on my relatives graves over Memorial weekend.

1 comment:

Mom said...

These are all such great pictures! You have such an awesome little family!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...