5.31.2016

Las Vegas!

I am trying to be more spontaneous and live life more fully. You know, let loose a little every once in a while. So, I went on a road trip with my kids! Layla was off track, Mitch was out of town for work, and my mom had a work conference in Vegas, so I loaded up the car with the kids and we drove to Vegas to stay with my mom.

We made it there in good time and the kids were really good during the long drive. I was so impressed with them (and myself)! We spent the week swimming, seeing the sights, and hanging out in the hotel.
Walked around the Las Vegas LDS temple grounds.
Some things I want to remember:

Marcus seriously thought the palm trees were "giant pineapples" and got so excited every time we saw one. It still makes me laugh to think about it!

Layla was in awe over the "mermaid" we saw swimming in one of the casino's fish tanks. She was not distracted by the mermaid's nose plug, air hose, or goggles, ha, ha! I love Layla and her imagination! She is always thinking up "what if" scenarios; her imagination is vibrant and humorous!


Marcus thought the casino games were "games for wittle kids!" and painfully wanted to play them. I felt I could somewhat explain to Layla why it's smart to avoid gambling, but of course my lecture was lost on the barely three year old. Overall, it was pretty funny to see him stare at the "games" with longing in his eyes! If only he were older! ;)

Marcus was also amazed that he could watch TV and sleep in the same room at the hotel. He kept saying, "We can sweep AND watch TV!" Lol!


I took the kids, by myself, to Circus Circus to see the free show while my mom was in class. I figured it would be ghetto and slightly scary, so I brought my can of Mace with me. :) I never felt like I needed to use it, but let's just say it was pretty darn ghetto! The show was good though and the kids LOVED the clown. And nothing bad happened to us. 

Las Vegas has never been my favorite place. The shows can be good, but beyond that I think it is a gross, vile, ghetto city. That being said, I did have a fun time there with my kids and mom. We missed Mitch, but it was fun to have an adventure and live a little!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...