![]() |
| One of her last days of school! |
![]() |
| Field day! With Elsie Edwards and Sophie Barnard. |
Layla also had a piano recital to kick off the summer. This one didn't go so well, unfortunately. She didn't want to have any extended family there this time, so we granted her wish, and Mitch ended up taking her while I stayed home with Marcus. Sadly, as well as she knew the piece, and as much as we had practiced, when it came time to announce her name and piece she got really, really nervous and stumbled over her words a lot. Then she messed up while playing and had to have help from her teacher. She did finish, but it wasn't great at all. While I felt so bad for her after seeing the video, and worried that she would be upset, she handled it all remarkably well. We talked to her and helped her understand that everyone makes mistakes during a recital, and it's okay, and now she can have more empathy towards others in the same situation. Overall it was a good learning experience and hey, she can't play perfect at every recital, right? But in all seriousness, she is an excellent piano player and I hope that over time she will fall more in love with it and have it become part of her identity. Suzuki piano is no joke though! It can be intense at times and I have to remind myself (and her teacher) that at the end of the day it's just piano and while I want her to play, it can't rule our lives! :)
We celebrated Father's Day and had a nice weekend. Especially Mitch because we bought him a new car for Father's Day!!! ;) It's beautiful and he loves it and that makes me happy.
And I couldn't be more happy than to have Mitch as my kids' dad because he is a kind, loving, fun, caring, happy father. Our kids sure love him!
I love him too. Recently he surprised me and planned a day date to hike Waterfall Canyon. We haven't hiked it in years and it always makes me nostalgic as we hiked it a few times when we first met and dated over 12 years ago! It will always remind me of that fun time in life!



We've already managed to do a lot this summer! We recently went camping, boating, and to Jackson Hole! Oh, and Marcus is completely potty trained!! Hip, hip, hooray!!! One funny thing he told me the other day, not related to potty training, after I told him, "Thanks, my man!" is, "I am NOT your man, I a human boy!!!" LOL! He certainly keeps us laughing!
![]() |
| Still obsessed with Transformers. |

The kids learned to cast their fishing poles thanks to my dad, who tied an empty water bottle on the end. Also thanks to my parents for inviting us to stay in their 5th wheel and play on their boat!
| Marcus developed a terrible rash after his case of strep. Of course we were in Jackson when the rash appeared. He still had fun though! |


Someday I hope these pics appear in their wedding videos. Marcus on his little potty and Layla on the toilet.
Family Hike! The kids LOVED it and did great! They were both quite the little trail runners! We will have to go hiking more often!
Now it's off to have more fun! (And let's not make it all sound too rosy; we're also off to practice piano, force kids to get dressed and do chores, and fold mounds of laundry. But overall to have a fun summer!)
















No comments:
Post a Comment