5.31.2016

My 3 Year Old Boy

Happy 3rd Birthday to Marcus! That little guy, he makes me so happy! He can be such a stinker, and then melt my heart immediately afterwards; it's crazy!

We took his 3 year old pics, and in some his hair looks red. I swear it is not in the least bit red! It is blonde!


I dare say that he had a wonderful birthday. He is certainly loved and spoiled. We celebrated a week early with our families (due to our trip to Las Vegas). We love having our families over! It's fun to visit with everyone and we ate yummy homemade Cafe Rio with brownies and ice cream for dessert. Mmm mmm!




So when Mitch was a kid, he was obsessed with Transformers. I'm pretty sure he asked if we could give Marcus some Transformer toys for his first Christmas, and every Christmas/birthday since. This year we decided he was finally old enough and got him a couple of age appropriate Transformer toys for his birthday. Now he's constantly asking, "Do you want to pway Twansformers? Who you want to be?" It's hard to say no. :)

The boy is obsessed! Mitch is in heaven that his son loves something from his childhood so much, and they have spent hours playing Transformers and watching old Transformer cartoons. I have never seen Marcus so consumed by anything before, and it's been a couple of weeks now. I'm glad he found something he loves so much (even if it means that any time he gets another toy, his first questions is, "Does it transform?" Lol!).
His new smile.
We kept telling Marcus that when he turns three he would be a big boy and use the potty. While we were in Vegas he went on the potty a few times. Then the day after his real birthday, he woke up early and came in my room and said he wanted to use the potty. What?! Now it's one full week later and he's still wearing his underwear! How's that for being a thousand times easier than it was to potty train Layla?! I won't say that he's totally got it yet, he doesn't. We're still working on number 2 in the potty and making it there in time, every time, for number 1. But overall, I'd say he's doing awesome and I'm so happy! Layla has been such a help by encouraging him and cheering him on. She is such a sweet big sister!

He keeps saying, "I'm so pwoud of me! I a big boy!" in his cute little voice and it makes me smile. Love his little guts! I will never forget when he was sitting on the toilet and decided to "tuck it in" so his pee didn't go everywhere. (I always tell him to "tuck it in" but never said more than that.) So he tucked it in and closed his legs so you could no longer see his penis and said, "Where'd it go?" After opening his legs he said, "Oh, there it is! ..... What the heck is it?!" Bah ha, ha!!!! I laughed so hard! I told him it was a penis and that's where his pee come out of. He hasn't asked about it since so I guess he's satisfied with that explanation for now. Lol.

What else can I say about Marcus? He is a mamma's boy, for sure! He has warmed up to Mitch considerably, especially with their mutual love of Transformers, but he still loves his mamma. At bedtime he always says, "I want to cuddle wif my mommy!" and it melts my heart. It might be a little ridiculous, but someday he'll move out and get married and I'll remember how he loved his mamma and snuggled and kissed me when he was little!

He's still a joker and will do anything to get a laugh. I have no doubt that he will be the class clown in school. :/ He is genuinely funny, but also a stinker. Good thing his handsome face melts our hearts and gets him out of trouble at times!
 
I love my boy and I'm so happy I get to be his mamma!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Those are great pictures, Lacey! But that is weird that his hair does look kinda red! He is soo soo cute and I just love his little guts too!!!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...