8.30.2016

Cape Cod

It still seems like a dream to think that we actually went to Cape Cod. I'm still so happy we were able to go! We met up with our friends, The Burts, who live in Massachusetts and vacation on the Cape every summer. It was great to spend a week with their family and our kids had so much fun together! And we lucked out because they showed us all the best the Cape has to offer. It is very much a quaint, picturesque town that I would love to return to someday! Since we've been home, Layla has informed me that when she grows up she will be moving to Massachusetts so that she can visit "the pretty beaches" whenever she wants, and that I shouldn't worry about her or miss her because she will be with Ryleigh. :)

The things that are most memorable in my mind are: the night we spent on the Atlantic side when it was extremely foggy and the humidity made us look like we had just stepped out of the shower, watching how much Layla LOVED swimming in the ocean, seeing whales off Race Point Beach in the evening, loving how quickly our kids all became friends and how sweet baby Reese loved us immediately, seeing seals (every night!) on the Atlantic side from only 20 feet or so away, chatting with Sue every day in person instead of over the phone!, watching the tide change each day, running on the beach in the mornings, touring the light house, knowing my kids were utterly exhausted at the end of each day because they had so much fun, and spending an entire week with my husband without him having to work!

I could ramble on, but I will let the pictures do the talking. Oh, if it seems like I have more pics of Marcus than Layla ... I do. That girl is a fish and was rarely out of the water! I took pics when I could, but Layla loves to swim so I let her swim!
We stopped in Plymouth on the way to and from the Cape.






Layla and Ryleigh are two peas in a pod!





Marcus and Eli may have been trouble together ... but they did have fun!



















They could have stayed there, throwing rocks, forever.




That one time Marcus fell in the Atlantic Ocean fully
clothed and had to go shirtless the rest of the night ...







Found a turtle in the backyard of the
house we rented, no big deal.



Free art lesson in the park.

Found a horseshoe crab on the bay side.








Sue is a wonderful friend!
So fun to spend time with her in our matching hats.

We visited a sweet car museum and garden/park.



Checked out Provincetown.
At good pizza there and tried to avoid Layla's
questions about all the men on "dates" with each other ...
(See the rainbow flag in the pic)




We toured this beautiful lighthouse.
This may have been my favorite part of the trip!





The kids were so good on the long plane rides and car ride!



We saw (but couldn't go inside) the oldest wooden jail in the country.
I love traveling and experiencing new places. There is so much to learn from other places and other people. I am so glad that I got to experience a new place with my favorite people! Now we need the Burts to come visit Utah again! Maybe we can trade off years. :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your beautiful family. I'm glad you got to go with your friends and looks like the kids have known each other for their whole young lives! They are all such beautiful pictures and you are both such great parents.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...