11.12.2017

Halloween 2017

We started the Halloween festivities by carving pumpkins. This is totally Mitch's department. I'm starting to realize that besides the kids costumes and passing out Halloween candy, Mitch does most of Halloween at our house!



 Hello Kitty and a Transformer pumpkin.

I love putting my kids in coordinating Halloween costumes and I was worried it wouldn't happen this year. They couldn't agree on anything. Layla wanted to be Moana and Marcus wanted to be a Ninja Turtle. I don't recall what finally convinced Marcus to be Maui, but he finally agreed. Wahoo! I bought the most of their costumes, made Marcus's leaf skirt and Layla's red sash, and my mom bought the hook and necklace. Oh, and the best purchase were the $6 wigs from Wal-mart. Made the whole thing!

We attended our ward Halloween dinner/carnival. Fun as always. They got fake tattoos, went "fishing" for a candy bar, ate doughnuts off a string, and went on a rope course while holding binoculars backwards to make it look far away, glow stick toss, etc.
 
Both of the kids had parties at school and Layla's school did the traditional Halloween parade where all the kids walk around the school in their costumes. I was incredibly disappointed that I couldn't go ... Marcus ended up getting croup that week and was very sick. I was also supposed to help with her class party and had to skip that too. Marcus always gets sick over holidays and his birthday, poor guy! The good news is that he was mostly better for Halloween day, so he didn't miss out on too much.
Sick Marcus fell asleep in the car on the way to
my parents' Halloween dinner.
Layla got her face painted at her class party and whoever did it, did an amazing job! Mitch took her to her school Halloween carnival that night. Marcus and I stayed home since he was sick.
 

Mitch took the kids trick-or-treating that night after our traditional pizza dinner. This year we had the Botts over for dinner since we did miss their traditional Sunday-before-Halloween dinner due to Marcus being sick. They left right after dinner and Mitch and the kids headed out to get candy. They had a great time. We have the best neighbors and the Woods had a fire going in their driveway, roasted hotdogs, and hot chocolate for anyone who needed to warm up while trick-or-treating. Mitch said it was fun seeing the neighbors out and about that night. We didn't get nearly as many trick-or-treaters this year! I bought too much candy and had a lot left over. The kids didn't get as much this year, which is really nice, so I let them keep all they had (last year we gave some to the dentist and gave the kids money to buy a new toy).

My favorite part was seeing our nieces and nephew in their costumes. What a bunch of cuties!



I gotta say that Racoon Carson was my favorite!!!


We had a very Happy Halloween! Most of all, I'm happy Marcus is feeling better! Mitch was out of town when Marcus came down with croup, and I have never had our kids be as sick as Marcus was. I was honestly scared because he couldn't breathe. We spent time sitting outside in the cold night air trying to open up his lungs. It was an exhausting, emotional week, but we made it through. And no one else got sick, so that's the main thing. I'm pretty amazed because the pediatrician said Marcus had croup, bronchitis, and a separate virus that was giving him diarrhea. Poor guy! At least it didn't spread! Hoping he won't be sick for Thanksgiving or especially Christmas!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...