Layla is officially eight years old. I still can't believe it and it's been almost a full month since her birthday, ha! Her baptism is on Saturday and I haven't seen her so excited for something in her whole life! She talks about it a lot and has tried on her baptism jumpsuit more than a few times. I am excited for her too, but mostly happy and filled with peace at her decision. We have talked to her a lot about how this is her decision, what it means, and that we will love her no matter what she decides. At eight, she is still quite young to fully understand everything about being baptized, but I am happy that she will have the influence of the Holy Ghost to guide her as her decisions become more complicated and confusing (as they do when we get older). I hope she remembers the happiness and peace that I know she is feeling now, and will feel on her baptism day, and that those memories will help guide her throughout her life. She is amazing and I am so proud of her!


Layla's birthday was a week full of shenanigans. We celebrated with our families and she was spoiled, of course. She got a sewing machine, among other things, and I am excited to teach her how to sew.

The next day was her actual birthday, so Mitch, Marcus, and I gave her the gifts from us. Marcus gave her a Lego set (he was so excited about it!) and we gave her a pair of Wheelies and some other things. It was her first pair of Wheelies and she had been asking for a pair for months. Of course she wanted to wear them to school that day, and I was worried I would get a phone call saying she fell in the hall and broke her wrist. Thankfully that didn't happen and she is actually very good at them now. She doesn't wear them to school often, because she found out that they're not allowed.
![]() |
| Marcus and I took lunch to Layla at school on her bday. |
![]() |
| Layla and Oakley. Oakley gave Layla and BFF necklace for her bday. They have been friends since birth, and Nicole and I are making plans for them to be college roommates. ;) |



And of course she invited Marcus too. She even made him a goody bag and wrote him a "Thanks for coming" note. She let him participate in everything and help her open all her gifts. And he was never jealous, in fact, he was genuinely excited and happy for her during the entire week of celebrations. Proud mom moment for sure!
All in all I'd say we did an excellent job celebrating our favorite daughter and making her feel special. She is special and deserves to be celebrated! I sure love her!!!



2 comments:
Hey I tried sending you a text but it didn't go through. Do you have a new number??
Anyway, here is what I was trying to send you:
Hey Lacey!! Ashlee Andreason here 😀 I don't know if you remember our email conversation from eons ago but I saved your number from it. First of all, how are you??? I am actually have a crazy crazy proposition for you and Mitch..... have you heard of the cirque series?? Here's the link for more info: https://runsignup.com/Race/UT/Snowbird/DiscretePeakSeriesSnowbirdUT
It's a pretty intense trail race but I thought of you guys and was wondering if you guys wanted to join me and a few of my crazy family members and run this race! It looks amazing. And I learned from a Ragnar how amazing trail running can be. What do you think?
Oh and my number is 704-606-9832 and email is ashlee.andreason@gmail.com
Post a Comment