And to make it even worse, my phone died and I lost a ton of pictures. Boo!
I'll try and remember what's happened since I last wrote:
-WE MOVED into a crappy rental house that we all hate while we anxiously await our new house being done, which should be in November. Moving sucks, but we had lots of neighbors help us and it made me cry for the entire weekend (not kidding!) because we were moving away from some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Here are some pics of the progress on our new house:
-The kids finished school. I was initially excited to have the whole summer with them, and we had our share of fun, but by the end I was more than ready to send them on their merry ways to school.
I do miss them now though.
I am going to float the Weber River next week with Liz, Becky, and Natalie to celebrate our kiddos return to school! :)
(Wow, this is sounding really negative, sorry! But the move, our buyers, and their realtor, who is also our current landlord [long story], was all a terrible experience. I was ANGRY at them for a long time and how awful they were, but it's done now and I'm finally over it. It was honestly a very stressful and emotional few weeks. Still dealing with the dingbat realtor, but only for a few more months.)
-We spent the summer at Cherry Hill. I freaking love that place! It helped that many of our friends from our old neighborhood also had season passes. Our new house is just two minutes away from Cherry Hill, so we will definitely be back next summer!
| Viv even joined us one day! |
-We went hiking with the Mudrows. Can't wait for our fall break trip with them!
-Marcus turned 5. I love that kid! He is the funniest boy in all the land. And he still lets me kiss his handsome face whenever I want. He had his first friend party and they had a great time!
-We have spent time at Deer Creek with my family. We also went boating at Jordanelle. Always fun. The kids spent 4 days
-We spent the 4th of July in Park City, just the 4 of us. The kids were in awe of the hotel swimming pool and free breakfast. We went to the Olympic Park and rode the Alpine Slide and Coaster and did everything else that park has to offer. It was a lot of fun! We spent the night of the 4th lighting off fireworks at the Craguns' house in Pleasant View, and meeting new baby Stella!
-Mitch passed his test! He is just months away from being done with school FOREVER! My Mr. Overachiever finally has it all out of his system, I think. I'm proud of him! He also got a promotion to tech fellow at work, which is something he thought would come much, much later, so that's great. We planned to go to his graduation next year, but instead decided to throw a big party at home and use the money to tour the Oregon Coast next summer with the Craguns.
-I got an A in the class I took over the summer. I worked my butt off for that A, so when I got my final grade, I cried. Now I have one prerequisite left and then I'll apply for the program in the spring.
-We have been making a million decisions for our new house. All we have left now is how much cement we want poured around the porch and backyard, pick the carpet, and the wood floors and we are DONE making decisions! It's hard to pick things that you want to love for a really long time, but aren't exactly sure how it will look! And it all costs so much money! Ahhhh! But it is coming together and I love it!
-We have also been attending our new ward. It's definitely a different feeling than our last ward... lots of senior citizens in the new ward. Which is good, they have a great perspective on life. The Bishop is hilarious. He's an old guy who couldn't care less about what people think and totally does things his own way. The kids have made friends already. In fact, there are 6 boys in the ward who are all in Marcus's kindergarten class! That made me so happy. Most of them live on the next street over, so it's perfect.
-The kids started school! 3rd grade and kindergarten. I cannot believe Marcus is in kindergarten! Good thing I'm busy going back to school, or I'd go crazy with all this free time! I cried dropping him off the first day, but now it's fine. Layla loves her new teacher, Mrs. Ewell and is happy in her class. Most of the same kids are in her class again this year. Layla is a really good friend to others!
While a big part of me wishes my kids went to the same school, another part of me is so grateful for the program Layla is in. It is the best fit for her and she is very happy there. We will have Marcus tested this year for the gifted program too, but I would be sad to see him leave all his friends at his current school. We'll see how this year goes with him learning French, have him tested, and if he gets in then we can make our decision then.
-Layla started tennis lessons and is loving it so far! She has worked so hard to learn the sport and enjoys practicing. Maybe we found her new sport? Marcus didn't want to play, so while she's at lessons, he practices riding his bike. He needs to get that down!
-We have gone hiking and boating this summer. This weekend we are headed up to Snow Basin to ride the gondola and go hiking with the Bennetts. Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment