9.29.2008

Happy Fall Y'all

This is my favorite time of year. I love seeing the mountains change colors. On Saturday Mitch and I went running on this trail up by the Layton Castle. Mitch took off like a speeding bullet (he's a pretty fast runner) and I stayed behind, taking my grand time, and collected pretty fall leaves along the way. I put them in a clear glass jar when we got home. Harvey likes to pull them out and destroy them, but there's still some pretty ones left.

On Friday night we played mini golf with Kevin and Nicole. It was fun. The boys (Mitch and Kevin) like to play mini golf at the "Family Fun Center" in Roy. Nicole and I refuse to go there because it's full of junior high kids and stinks like it too. Nasty. So, we went to Cherry Hill. Only right now it's called "Scary Hill". Ooooh, spooky. Funny thing is, they didn't have any Halloween decorations up except the Scary Hill sign. ha,ha.

On Saturday night I went to the General Relief Society Broadcast with my friend from the ward, Kassi. President Uchtdorf gave an amazing talk that was not aimed specifically at women in the church, but rather towards women in general. I think every woman should take 10 minutes and read it when it is available online (or in the Ensign). It was a great talk and got me excited for General Conference.

After the broadcast, Mitch was hanging out with Kevin and Dave, so I did homework. No lie, I worked on this document design project from 8 p.m. until 12 p.m. that night. I didn't even stop or leave the computer. It was ridiculous. And I didn't finish either. I can't wait to be done with school; I totally have senioritis.

Mitch wants to get Rock Band 2. I told him I thought it would be cool since it probably has more songs on it I know, instead of the old rock songs Mitch loves. At the same time, I know we won't play it as often as we think we would. So why buy it? Maybe we'll flip a coin. Personally, I'd rather spend my time hiking or having campfires while the weather is still cooperating and the leaves are changing colors ... I love the fall!

1 comment:

Chelsi Archibald said...

You are such a patient woman, I absolutely loathe video games in general and am very grateful that Michael is not into them, as fun as they may be.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...