9.11.2008

I'm mad at Disney!

I know everyone else in the world saw Pirates 3 ages ago. Mitch and I saw it for the first time last night. I don't know why we waited so long; we both loved the first two Pirates. We don't watch a lot of movies I guess. When we do watch a movie it seems like there's always one we want to see more than Pirates 3. Well, last winter I won a blue-ray player from my work and this week Hollywood Video was offering free rentals on blue-ray movies, so we rented Pirates 3. There was a preview for Disneyland and I sang along, " ... your dreams come true!" I told Mitch how much I love Disneyland and that I think we should go. The movie started and while it looked amazing on the blue-ray, we were both sorely disappointed with the ending. (If you haven't seen it yet, don't continue reading this.) I can't believe that anorexic Keira Knightley ends up on that island by herself, cute Orlando Bloom sails off for the next 10 years, and the seemingly perma-buzzed Johnny Depp looses the Black Pearl. What the heck? And I'm sorry, but how lame was the "wedding" that occurred in the middle of the fight? After it ended the only thing I could say was, "I don't want to go to Disneyland anymore!" So Disney, your horrible ending to the Pirates trilogy just lost you 2 customers! (Yeah right, I know I'd go in a heartbeat if the chance arose. Hint,hint to Mitch!) But in all seriousness, I do hate to think that Disney will let a great story end in such tragedy. There just has to be a 4th one, complete with a beautiful wedding for Elizabeth and Will!

3 comments:

Chelsi Archibald said...

I agree. Even though Orlando looked hotter than hot as Captain of the Flying Dutchman, what girl would put up with waiting around every 10 years for one day of fun? I think not! Very unrealistic :)

The Nigburs said...

I completely agree. I was pretty disappointed myself. It was certainly cheesy, and left me feeling a bit like something was lacking. I haven't even gotten around to buying the dvd yet, and I usually buy those kind of "collecter"-ish dvds right away. It doesn't even tempt me to buy a used copy!

Nicole and Kevin said...

I haven't seen the second or third one - so you are not the only one a littlbe bit behind :) I am not much of a movie watcher either.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...