9.08.2008
Sleep and Play
This weekend I was the lucky one who had a cold. It seemed to be off and on; I felt great one day and horrible the next. It was weird. I left work early on Friday because I didn't feel well. I slept most of the day and felt okay Friday night while we spent the night with our friends Kevin and Nicole at Wolf Creek. We had a good time playing Monopoly (Mitch won) and watching the Office. I'm glad they invited us to go; it was nice and relaxing. On Saturday I felt immensely better and we were able to go to the car show in Brigham with Mitch's family. This was the first time I've been to a car show and I must admit ... I was bored. After the first three rows of cars I was bored. It was fun to see how excited Mitch and his dad were though. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I felt 100% better. The one thing I did really love was the peach pie Kevin and Kathy bought for us all from Maddox. I had never eaten there and it was amazing. Highly recommended. After all of that, Mitch went to a friend's house to watch the U of U game. His friend (no name mentioned) made a lame rule: "no girls allowed." I actually like watching football games and I was totally annoyed when I found out I couldn't go. Lame! So, I did what any normal girl would do in that situation; I went shopping for new shoes. :) I found some great deals! On Sunday I felt horrible again and missed church. I don't often miss church. Mitch was so great and taught my Sunday School class. He takes good care of me when I'm sick. I'm so lucky to have such a sweet husband! Well, I slept all day on Sunday. I feel like I slept all weekend actually. We went to dinner at Mitch's parents' house Sunday evening. It was delicious as usual. Chase brought his gun with a scope on it so we could look at the mountain goats on Ben Lomond. Mitch thought that was cool. I slept for 10 hours last night and felt pretty good when I woke up this morning. I ran 2 miles at my normal race pace and felt good about that. I'm feeling okay today, so hopefully I'm on the mend! I hope Mitch doesn't get sick. He's a lot busier at work than I am and can't afford to miss any meetings. If he does get sick, I'll take good care of him like he has of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
4 comments:
I'm glad your feeling better. Summer colds are not fun!!
Feel better soon! You are a trooper :)
I know who made the rule of no girls...my lame husband :) I have given him a pretty hard time about that, and told him that he can't ditch me every Saturday. Buying shoes was a great idea!!! It's even better when you find a good deal.
I am sorry to hear you were sick! Hope you feel better! talk to you soon!
Post a Comment