2.11.2009
Didn't Your Mother Teach You?
I woke up with a little cold this morning. Nothing too major, so I came to work. I went to the bathroom (don't worry, this will not be TMI) and one of the stalls was occupied, so I used a different one. I heard the lady who was there before me flush the toilet and exit the stall. She walked over to the sink, turned the water on for less than 5 seconds (no lie), then left the bathroom. What?!? Didn't her mother teach her to wash her hands properly? (Especially during flu and cold season!) What's the point of washing your hands without soap for only 4.3 seconds? What good does water do without soap?It's practically pointless, and to be frank, it totally grosses me out. I had to touch the sink and door handle after No-Soap Lady did. Gross. I realize that a lot of people have this horrible habit. And I know I'm a little OCD, but I wash my hands (properly) a lot. Just like I brush my teeth a lot. It's all my mom's fault. She taught me to be that way. Now I can't stand dirty teeth, stinky breath, or the thought of germs on my hands. In the MTC they told us to sing the ABCs while we washed our hands. I still do that quite often. It's a good rule of thumb. It's certainly better than running your hands under water, without soap, for 4.3 seconds. I'm still gagging about that. Sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
4 comments:
sick! i touched those handles also.
and wow-nice poll!! you've had a lot of votes. sounds like you guys better get busy. ummm, no pun intended!
Hey I totally agree with you on this one. I am beyond OCD about hand washing. Absolutely grotesque when I'm in the restroom and I hear someone leave without washing their hands. I've heard guys are even worse because they think standing up and not having to use toilet paper when they pee constitutes not washing. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You actually had your hands down there while peeing okay? WASH UP GENTLEMEN!!!
You are so funny Lacey! I think it's way gross to not wash too...ewwww! I always brush my teeth too. Clean teeth and fresh breath are very important...I am proud to say that I have only had 1 cavity in my life. (I was very sad when i found out that I had one.) I think you and Mitch should have a baby in 9 mos...except having a Sept baby was pretty rough that latter part of the prgnancy!
Lacey, I hate to break it to you, but I doubt that lady even used soap! NASTY!!! Don't you wish you could record people who do stuff like that then post them on Youtube so maybe they can get a clue?
Natalie
Post a Comment