2.19.2009

Goodbye Green Carpet

It's time to part with the awful green carpet in our kitchen. Why, oh why, did the original owners of our house put green carpet and gray tile in the kitchen? I will never understand that. I shouldn't complain though, I am very grateful to have a nice house. But the green carpet was driving me bonkers. So, "Goodbye green carpet and Hello pretty tile!" As the Russians would say, "We're doing a remont." Our remont will include painted walls, painted cabinets, tile, and beadboard. Most importantly, there will NOT be any carpet in the kitchen. I am a little nervous ... we're painting the beadboard and cabinets black ... hopefully it will look as cool in real life as it does in my head. I will post before and after pics once it's all done. It will be a few weeks though. Mitch is a busy guy and too much of a perfectionist to let me help. Ha,ha. That's okay though, his perfectionist personality trait = a perfect kitchen. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Blass Family said...

I am so Jelouse!! We almost did the beadboard and black cabnets last summer. I just wanst brave enough so I am excited to see how it turns out so I can decide if we are going to do it! Good Luck!

Ashlee said...

That's so awesome!!! Remodeling is sooo much fun! Your kitchen will look so awesome, Vickie did a black trim, I guess kind of like a crown molding, in her kitchen that looks a little like beadboard and it looks awesome! Can't wait to see the final product :)

Chelsi Archibald said...

Black sounds cool. I'll bet it will turn out great. You'll have to let me come visit so I can see the finished product :)

martha said...

I pulled out all of our blue carpet when we moved in. That is a hard job. I hate all those little nails. We have a tile cutter if you guys need it.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...