2.15.2009

Valentine's Day

Hello everyone, this is Mitch. Lacey wanted me to blog about our Valentine's day since it was her turn to plan it. Well, I woke up a little earlier than Lacey (which is typical for any given day) and I made her breakfast. I made heart-shaped pancakes. I used some of Lacey's cookie cutters with a little cooking spray on them to get the heart shape. I had to be a little careful about how long they were on the hot pan because they can melt. I only melted one though (and just a little bit), so I consider it a good success. After that I went to the Elder's quorum thrash-ball (really rough b-ball if you don't know what thrash ball is) game. We got rocked by a team that was easily 6" taller than us, but I got a good workout, which is the reason I go. Lacey stayed home and ran on our skinny treadmill of death (seriously, it is about 2' wide and I almost killed myself because I stepped onto the side of it once). After that we got all cleaned up and ready. Lacey really likes my hair short and spikey, so for V-day I decided to do it that way. I actually really like it, and may be changing my hair-do. After getting ready we put our living room back together. I took Friday off from work and spent the whole day painting. It looks really nice. We'll post pictures once the paint dries and we hang everything back up. I made Lacey lunch too. Leftover homemade pizza with sparkling apple juice (how romantic!). We ran some errands and such, and then Lacey took me on a mystery date for Valentine's day. First we ate at Tuscano's in the Gateway. It is a Brazilian steakhouse like Rodizio Grill. It was awesome. They had a salad bar with every kind of salad/side dish you can think of, and they have waiters roaming around with all different kinds of meat on big skewers. I had a chicken heart, which tasted just like chicken. The best thing they had by far was turkey wrapped in bacon. It was way good. Lacey did a great job surprizing me with a great restaurant. At the end of the meal she gave me a Valentine's poem that said our activity for the night was Monster Jam. I laughed so loud. I couldn't beleive my cute little wife got us tickets to a monster truck show! I hadn't been to one since I was 10 or so. It was a lot of fun. The highlights of the show was the motocross freestyle riders. I got a great picture of one of them. You may have to zoom in to see that he is doing a head stand on his bike. I wanted to get a perspective of how high he was so it is zoomed out pretty far.
The winner of the monster truck show was in a truck called "Extreme Destruction". The driver is from Willard, Utah, and he won all the events. His freestyle performance was hilarious. See the video to see it. He went off the big motocross jump, which only 2 other trucks even dared to do. I thought that he ran into the trucks parked on the other side of the stadium, but he managed to stop with about 2 feet to spare. The end is the best part since he rolls his truck over. I got it all on video to see.



Well, all in all it was a really good Valentine's day. I had a really good time. I felt a little bit like a redneck for going to a monster truck show, but I had fun. Lacey said is was the most fun Valentine's day she ever had. She loved seeing the overweight monster truck drivers jump out of their trucks and do a "RAISE THE ROOF" because they were so excited. It was pretty darn funny.
It was a great time. I want to thank my adorable and sweet wifey for putting it together and taking me on a date. It was a lot of fun! I love you, Lacey!!!

4 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

You two make Kevin and I look bad. I took Kevin on a date this year, so when he got home from work we dropped Oakley off at my parents house and went to dinner at Jason's Deli (I didn't make reservations anywhere and all other resturants were a zoo) and then went to Target :) I like the heart-shaped pancake idea - I think that was cute and thoughtful!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a fun Valentine's Day! Good job, Lacey! U2RQTZ! (Just FYI, we made our blog private, but i didn't have an email address to send you an invite... so just send Chad or I an email so you can view it! :) I saw a girl the other day that looked like your twin, Lacey only she was like 6 feet tall... it was funny!

Chelsi Archibald said...

That is freaking awesome! You have one awesome wifey!

Ashlee said...

Monster Jam, what a great idea Lacey!! Cute layout too, which reminds me I should probably change mine since V-day is over.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...